Hotelschool The Hague was founded in 1929, making it one of the oldest independent hotel schools in the world. In over 85 years, the former small, vocational Dutch school developed into an international Hospitality Business School with students from over 50 nationalities. The hotel school has been renowned for its education and innovative research, and was ranked among the Top 5 Hospitality Management Schools in the World in 2013 by TNS Global, world leader in market research.
The school has two campuses, one in The Hague and one in Amsterdam with a total of 2300 students and 200 employees. Graduates of Hotelschool The Hague occupy leading positions in the hospitality industry all over the world..
- Global rankings: #12 Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World, 2015.
Each organization determines rankings differently and methodologies change over time.
Location And Contact Information
- Address: Brusselselaan 2, 2587 AH The Hague, the Netherlands
- Website: http://hotelschool.nl
- Phone: +31 20 851 29 00
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HotelschoolTH
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hotelschoolthehague
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/HotelschoolTH
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hotelschool-the-hague
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/HotelschoolTH
- Snapchat: hotelschool
- Establish year: 1929
- Institutional control: Public (state-funded)
- Dutch/Flemish Accreditation Committee: awarded 11 out of 16 ‘excellents’ in the most recent audit of Dutch and Flemish universities.
- Ranked among the Top 5 Hospitality Management Schools in the World by TNS Global, world leader in market research (2013)
- Keuzegids 2016 (Study Choice Guide 2016): Named Hotelschool The Hague best public hotel school in The Netherlands.
- Nationale Studenten Enquete (The National Student’s Survey) 2016:
Students ranked Hotelschool The Hague as the best hotel school in the Netherlands. To the question ‘Would you recommend your programme to friends, family or colleagues?’ students graded Hotelschool The Hague 4.59 out of 5. The general atmosphere is rated 4.30 out of 5. The study programme in general is graded 4.31 out of 5.
- Hospitality Awards: Hotelschool The Hague was nominated in 2015 and 2014, as one of the three finalists in the category ‘Best Hospitality Management School’ during the International Hospitality Awards.
Hotel Schools of Distinction: Hotel Schools of Distinction (HSD) is a global alliance of premier Hotel Schools in partnership with hospitality industry leaders dedicated to creating high-quality talent by sharing knowledge and research.
The Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (Canada)
Haaga-Helia University Of Applied Sciences (Finland)
Indian Institute Of Hotel Management, Aurangabad (India)
International University of Applied Sciences Bad Honnef – Bonn (Germany)
Niagara University (United States)
Universidad del Este at Carolina (Puerto Rico)
Universidad San Ignacio de Loyola (Peru)
Universidad Tecnológica de Chile (Chile)
Pacific International Hotel Management School (New Zealand)
Norwegian School of Hotel Management (Norway)
Faculty and Staff:
- Full-time faculty: 123
- Full-time equivalent faculty: 109.78
- Teaching assistants: n/a
- International faculty: 32 (26%)
- Doctoral faculty: 23
- Female faculty: – 43%
Concentrations, Degrees and Programs: Bachelor & Master
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management (BBA.HM)
- Master of Business Administration in International Hospitality Management (MBA.HM)
Methods of Delivery: Full-time
€ 3,017/year for EEA (European Economic Area) Students
€ 11,845/year for NON-EEA Students
Number of languages on offer: 6
English (Business English), French, German, Mandarin, Russian & Spanish.
All second languages are offered at three levels: French and German at levels 2, 3 & 4 (they require prior knowledge); Mandarin, Russian and Spanish at levels 1, 2 & 3 (they start from the beginning).
- Number of students: 2200
- Number of female students: 1290
- Number of international students: 704
- Class Sizes: maximum of 25 students
-Marc Bolland – Board of Directors Coca-Cola & British Airways, Partner Private Equity fund Blackstone, former CEO of Marks & Spencer, former COO Heineken N.V
-Roeland Vos, President Starwood EMEA
-Ricco de Blank, CEO SHKP Hotels
-Peter Verhoeven, Managing Director Europe, Middle East, Africa at Booking.com
-Maarten Markus, Managing Director at NH Hotel Group
-Remco Loevendie, COO Aviation Division at G4S Security Services in Canada
-Marcel P. van Aelst, Executive Vice Chairman Hotel Okura Co. Ltd Japan and President CEO Okura-Nikko Hotel Management Co. Ltd
-Patrick Bakker, CEO Central Europe at Regus
-Caro van Eekelen, Senior Vice President transformation OneBrand at AccorHotels
Hotelschool The Hague offers a four year Bachelor Programme: Bachelor of Business Administration in Hotel Management (BBA.HM), developed for professional and ambitious students seeking careers in hospitality, but also for those with interests in other industries where hospitality makes a difference such as Retail, Financial Services and Event Management. For students with previous qualification in hospitality-related studies, an accelerated programme is available: the International Fast Track Programme.
Besides the four year Bachelor Programme, Hotelschool The Hague also offers a Master in Hospitality Management (M.HM). This programme educates the next generation of hospitality leaders and focuses on hospitality concept innovation, business development and change. In 13 months, students will enhance their knowledge and leadership competencies, opening doors to strategic and corporate positions in fields like business development, consultancy, hospitality management, facility management and entrepreneurship.
In 2010, Hotelschool The Hague founded its university wide Research Centre, focusing on interdisciplinary research with a strong practice-oriented focus. Hotelschool The Hague’s ambition is to bridge the gap between academic research and how international hospitality organisations, -professionals and students can benefit from these insights. In addition, the Research Centre will concentrate on a small number of lines of research – key strategic issues within the hospitality sector – for the next five years.
The Hospitality Consultancy develops and facilitates customised (on- and offline) training programmes for both hospitality- and other service industries such as healthcare and the automotive industry. Their team of experienced hospitality experts provides companies with knowledge and skills, focusing on increasing hospitality, effectiveness, customer experience and satisfaction.
Hotelschool The Hague is proud to be ‘At the heart of hospitality’. While keeping our strong heritage in mind, we are looking forward to educate the hospitality leaders of the future.