List of the Top Most Memorable Moments of Oprah Winfrey
1. The Color Purple – Talk show queen and media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, started her career in Steven Spielberg’s “The Color Purple” as Sofia. For her role, Oprah was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. In 2005, she produced a stage version on Broadway.
2. Forsyth County, Georgia (Challenging Racism) – Oprah called a town hall meeting to hear from the citizens, and one man named Dennis stood out. “I’m afraid of [blacks] coming to Forsyth County,” he said to Oprah at the meeting. “I was born in Atlanta, and in 1963, the first blacks were bussed to West Fulton High School. I go down there now and I see my neighborhood and my community, which was a nice community, and now it’s nothing but a rat-infested slum area because they don’t care.”
“You have blacks and you have ‘niggers,'” Dennis said. “Black people don’t want to cause any trouble. … A ‘nigger’ … wants to come up here and cause trouble all the time. That’s the difference.”
3. Calls for action against child predators – Oprah Winfrey has spoken of being sexually abused as a child, and testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee in support of the National Child Protection Act later known as “The Oprah Bill”, establishing a national database of convicted child abusers. Act was signed into law by Bill Clinton in 1993 .
4. Billionaire – according to Forbes, Oprah is the only black female billionaire in history, as of September 2012 estimated net worth of $2.7 billion.
5. The Oprah Magic – Oprah Winfrey made public endorsement of Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election.
6. The Wagon of Fat – Oprah’s historic “Diet Dreams Come True” weight episode, in which she celebrated her 67-pound weight loss (in super skinny jeans!) by wheeling a wagon full of fat onto the stage.
7. Gay man with AIDS – Oprah talks to West Virginia resident Mike Sisco, a gay man with AIDS who set off a firestorm of fear and rage by swimming in a public pool.
8. Michael Jackson – On Feb. 10, 1993, Oprah sat down with Michael Jackson at his Neverland Ranch for the troubled crooner’s first televised interview in 14 years.
9. Erin Kramp – An inspiring mother who was dying of cancer recorded videotapes with all her motherly advice for daughter Peyton. Erin passed away Oct. 31, 2008.
10. The Tom Cruise – On May 23, 2005, Tom Cruise hopped on Oprah’s couch, professing his love for then new girlfriend, Katie Holmes.
11. ELLEN DEGENERES – Ellen DeGeneres came out publicly as a lesbian in an appearance on the show.
So if You Have Something to Share. Post a comment below!