Do you think Snapchat will be the next big thing like Instagram and Pinterest?
Unsurprisingly. Weirdly popular social-media app “Snapchat” is designed to let users send text, pictures and video that viewed for a few seconds before self-destruct, has raised $13.5 million in venture funding. Quite an impressive valuation!!!
With about 60 million photo messages sent each day at Snapchat, Benchmark Capital has valued the company at $60 million to $70 million.
Do you think photo-sharing social-media app “Snapchat” will be the next big thing like Instagram and Pinterest?
Jenna Wortham wrote, because images sent through the application self-destruct seconds after they are opened, Snapchat is being embraced as an antidote to a world where nearly every feeling, celebration and life moment is captured to be shared, logged, liked, commented on, stored, searched and sold. For people who don’t want to worry about unflattering pictures or embarrassing status updates coming back to haunt them, the app’s appeal seems obvious.
According to them, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg met with the startup in December, presumably just before the release of the Snapchat clone Facebook Poke.
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- London schoolboy sold his smartphone news app Summly for $30 million to Yahoo
- Top Most Powerful Women in Social Media 2013
- Facebook likes: a fresh concerns about privacy and online personalization
- Incredibly simple and useful: Facebook Adds Weather Info
- Is it a good idea that Instagram is joining its data to Facebook’s?
- 10 Billion Dollars Tech start-ups that have achieved booming success
- How a marketing genius like Randi Zuckerberg was entangled in a privacy mess?
- How many recruiters adopting social media into their recruitment process [Social Recruiting INFOGRAPHIC 2013]?
- So now Facebook can insist German users to register with their real name: infographic
- The Best Of The Bunch: Brilliant Android Office Suites For Business Users
- Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey wants to run for mayor of New York City
- Innovative web TV startup Aereo talking With AT&T, Dish on partnership
A journalist, author and serial entrepreneur- Founder and CEO of CEOWORLD Magazine and Lucentbyte Media Technologies LTD. (email@example.com)