Is it a good idea that Instagram is joining its data to Facebook’s?
Facebook’s photo-sharing app Instagram announced that it has 90 million monthly active users, which was a 10% increase over December. Instagram also says its users upload to the social network 40 million photos per day. So it seems reports of the death of Instagram might have been exaggerated.
Facebook paid $1 billion at the time for the photo-sharing app photo-sharing app Instagram. So much for scaring off users over its controversial terms of service.
While Instagram said last September it had 100 million users, those numbers represented how many people were registered on the platform. The new numbers — monthly active users.
Here are the full stats, now listed on the company’s site:
- 90 million Monthly Active Users
- 40 million Photos Per Day
- 8,500 Likes Per Second
- 1,000 Comments Per Second
“Instagram continues to see very strong growth around the world,” Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom told AllThingsD. “With many of the product and internationalization improvements we’ve made, we’ve been excited to see these efforts resonate with users globally.”
Kevin Systrom, Founder of Instagram:
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- Do you think Snapchat will be the next big thing like Instagram and Pinterest?
- Top Most Powerful Women in Social Media 2013
- So now Facebook can insist German users to register with their real name: infographic
- Incredibly simple and useful: Facebook Adds Weather Info
- How a marketing genius like Randi Zuckerberg was entangled in a privacy mess?
- 10 Billion Dollars Tech start-ups that have achieved booming success
- Has Facebook started charging its users to send messages to high profile users and celebrities?
- How much would you pay to send a personal Message to Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg?
- How many recruiters adopting social media into their recruitment process [Social Recruiting INFOGRAPHIC 2013]?
- Why Vine, six-second Video-sharing app by Twitter no longer accessible to everyone?
- What do you think of new Facebook Sex hookup App: Bang With Friends?
A journalist With global perspective and voracious appetite for international news, he leads reporters and commission stories among journalists who are focused on resources markets and companies. (email@example.com)