Facebook’s photo-sharing app Instagram announced that it has 90 million monthly active users, which was a 10% increase over December. Instagram also says its users upload to the social network 40 million photos per day. So it seems reports of the death of Instagram might have been exaggerated.
Facebook paid $1 billion at the time for the photo-sharing app photo-sharing app Instagram. So much for scaring off users over its controversial terms of service.
While Instagram said last September it had 100 million users, those numbers represented how many people were registered on the platform. The new numbers — monthly active users.
Here are the full stats, now listed on the company’s site:
- 90 million Monthly Active Users
- 40 million Photos Per Day
- 8,500 Likes Per Second
- 1,000 Comments Per Second
“Instagram continues to see very strong growth around the world,” Instagram co-founder Kevin Systrom told AllThingsD. “With many of the product and internationalization improvements we’ve made, we’ve been excited to see these efforts resonate with users globally.”
Kevin Systrom, Founder of Instagram:
Latest posts by Hendrik L Clarke (see all)
- So, Perhaps There Is A Place For Office Romances: Just Don’t Tell HR - March 18, 2014
- Lucrative But Extremely Stressful Jobs In The United States - November 13, 2013
- E-commerce giant eBay acquires mobile payment gateway Braintree - September 26, 2013