Must have energy stocks that have potential to outperform- SU, APC, SWN, DNR, KWK (09/13/2011)
Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN), an independent energy company engaged in natural gas and oil exploration, development and production (E&P), has earnings per share of approximately $1.76, currently trades at a P/E of 20.40 times at $35.91 levels.Southwestern Energy recorded most recent quarter a profit margin of 21.99%, Chesapeake Energy Corporation (CHK) which reported a profit margin of 11.89%.
Suncor Energy Inc. (SU), an integrated energy company.It explores for, acquires, develops, produces and markets crude oil and natural gas in Canada and internationally, plans increase its oil production to the one million barrels mark by 2020. Suncor Energy reported quarterly revenue growth of 13.3% year on year. It had Gross and operating margins of approximately 47.26% and 13.74% respectively.
Quicksilver Resources Inc. (KWK), engaged in exploration, exploration, development, exploitation and production of natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs) and oil onshore in North America, has earnings per share of $2.16 KWK currently trades at $8.52 and currently trading at discounted P/E of 3.94 times.
Anadarko Petroleum Corporation (APC), an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company, reported a record liquid sales volume with high margins resulting in massive cash flows. Quarterly revenue growth was 45.7% year over year which was higher than industry average growth of 15.5%. BP plc (BP), a direct competitor, reported revenue growth of 37.5%.
Denbury Resources, Inc. (DNR), an oil and natural gas producer in Mississippi and Montana and owns the reserves of carbon di-oxide (CO2) used for tertiary oil recovery east of the Mississippi River, and hold operating acreage in the Rocky Mountain and Gulf Coast regions, trading at the price level of $13.96, DNR enjoys a P/E of 19.65 which is higher than its peer Newfield Exploration Co. (NFX) P/E of 16.13 times but lower than industry average P/E of 21.54 times.
DON’T MISS: Hit List
- List of Biggest and Powerful Natural Gas and Oil Companies in the World
- Who has the most oil – List of Top 20 oil-producing countries (in barrels per day) in the world?
- United States is to become World’s biggest oil producer before 2020
- Has BlackBerry decided to stop selling BlackBerry 10 smartphones (Q10 and the Z10) in Japan?
- Cyprus Shipping Chamber reinforces importance of foreign direct investment given the global nature of the industry
- Saudi America – US Energy boom, the new buzz word, why people are so excited?
- The escalating brinkmanship – Troubled Italian Economy
- Only a political suicide or national unity government can save Spain and the euro
- Ghana Post-President Mills: What President death means for Ghana and the business environment?
- How Kids are writing malicious code designed to hack social networking and gaming sites – kiddie Trojans?
- Ford plans to use social media to find tech-savvy U.S. candidates (2,200 U.S. Employees)
- Your Next Meeting – Is it Time to Consider Private Jet Charter?
Features Editor, a senior director of strategic planning for a major university, has experience at a long/short equity hedge fund and has been in the markets for just under a decade. He has degrees in Economics and Communications and focuses on macro themes in the markets. His background also extends to logistics, marketing, and e-commerce.