Best Erotica novels that have become literary sensations – dominates bestseller lists
Here is a list of Top Erotica novels that have become literary sensations – dominates bestseller lists:
1. Fifty Shades of Grey - It is one of the bestselling erotic novel by British author E. L. James. Its a story about a literature college student Anastasia Steele and young entrepreneur billionaire Christian Greyy. Erotic, amusing, and deeply moving.
Because of its highly graphic S&M scenes, it has been called the “Twilight for grown-ups” and “mommy porn,” . “Christian is fond of whips, and Anastasia is a willing submissive, guided by the “inner goddess” who narrates her sexual escapades.”
2. Lolita - one of the most famous and controversial giants of 20th century fiction written by Vladimir Nabokov and published in 1955. story of a middle-aged literature professor Humbert Humbert’s obsessive, devouring, and doomed passion for the nymphet 12-year-old Dolores Haze.
3. Portnoy’s Complaint - a masterpiece written by Philip Roth, defined Jewish American literature in the 1960s. controversy over its explicit and candid treatment of sexuality, including detailed depictions of masturbation. Portnoy’s Complaint – “A disorder in which strongly felt ethical and altruistic impulses are perpetually warring with extreme sexual longings, often of a perverse nature.”
4. Tropic of Cancer - published in 1934 in Paris, famous as “notorious for its candid sexuality”, a novel written by Henry Miller. It was banned in the United States till 1961.
Some famous Quotes from Tropic of Cancer:
“Everybody says sex is obscene. The only true obscenity is war.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“I have found God, but he is insufficient.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“Do anything, but let it produce joy. Do anything, but let it yield ecstasy.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“People are like lice – they get under your skin and bury themselves there. You scratch and scratch until the blood comes, but you can’t get permanently deloused. ” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“But it’s just because the chances are all against you, just because there is so little hope, that life is sweet over here.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“The essential thing is to WANT to sing. This then is a song. I am singing.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“Paris is like a whore. From a distance she seems ravishing, you can’t wait until you have her in your arms. And five minutes later you feel empty, disgusted with yourself. You feel tricked.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
“To have her here in bed with me, breathing on me, her hair in my mouth—I count that something of a miracle.” ― Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
5. Lady Chatterley’s Lover - often associated as “explicit descriptions of sexual intercourse” written by D.H. Lawrence, adulterous affair between a sexually unfulfilled upper-class married woman, who is wife of Sir Clifford Chatterley(returns from the war paralysed from the waist down) and the game keeper who works for the estate owned by her wheelchair bound husband.
6. Fanny Hill – Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure or famously known as Fanny Hill by John Cleland
7. Peyton Place – a novel on Sex, lies and betrayal by Grace Metalious published in 1956.
8. The Story of O – is about love, dominance and submission written by Anne Desclos under the pen name of Pauline Réage.
9. Fear of Flying – published in 1973 by Erica Jong, a timeless tale of self-discovery, liberation, and womanhood of Isadora Wing and her desire.
10. Couples – written by by John Updike, a story of ten young married couples in a seaside New England community who make a cult of sex and of themselves – seductive, savagely graphic portrait of love, marriage, and adultery.
- List Of Top Celebrities Most Embarrassing Moments – Best Microphone Gaffes
1. Barack Obama – President of the United States Barack Obama was overheard telling outgoing Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, that he would have “more flexibility” to negotiate on a missile def…
- Are you a Junk Mail?
Recently, I got really fed up with junk mail, so I now have a notice in my window requesting that I not have any more delivered through the door. The same goes for cold callers to whom I answer the…
- Loyalty Lore and Truisms
The many “truisms’’ of customer loyalty lore are mostly a set of mythologies to deceive the gullible and exploit the innocent. Let us explore these mythologies and then talk about best practices fo…
- Welcome back to the real world – Mitt Romney pumping his gas
It’s pretty amazing but everything is a deja’vu, when it comes to defeated presidential nominee Mitt Romney, a Redditor mkb95 posted this Mitt Romney pic of what he says is Mitt Romney pumping his …
- List of leading celebrity contributor’s to charity in the World
1. Annie Lennox - Born on Christmas Day, 1954, Scottish singer, Annie Lennox is one of the world’s leading celebrity contributor’s to charity and also a political and social activist. She is estim…
- The buzz out of Brussels – IMF, Eurogroup reach $57.8 billion deal on Greek debt
A statement after nearly 13 hours of talks, Greece’s international lenders (the International Monetary Fund and the ECB) agreed to reduce Greek debt by 44.5 billion euros. The eurozone said Tuesday…
15 years experience in journalism and media, with emphasis on editing, technology, project management, and design. He is a writer based in Washington, attended DePauw University and is a graduate of Indiana University.