Taiwan’s Acer Inc June sales up 0.53 pct to $1.39 billion
Taiwan’s Acer Inc (2353.TW), the world’s largest supplier of notebook computers, said its June sales were $1.39 billion, up 0.53 percent from the same month a year earlier. In May company had reported sales of US$1=T$32.
Taiwan’s Acer Inc., the world’s second largest personal computer maker by shipments after Hewlett-Packard Co. (HPQ),Chairman J.T. Wang, predicted it will accomplish its goal of becoming the No.1 notebook vendor this year. “We are one of a very few that is able to respond to the market when demand stabilized in the latter part of the second quarter because we were prepared.”
Acer has achieved the goal of breaking the barriers between people and technology. Globally, Acer ranks No. 2 for total PCs and notebooks. A profitable and sustainable Channel Business Model is instrumental to the company’s continuing growth, while its multi-brand approach effectively integrates Acer, Gateway, Packard Bell, and eMachines brands in worldwide markets. Acer strives to design environmentally friendly products and establish a green supply chain through collaboration with suppliers. Acer is proud to be a Worldwide Partner of the Olympic Movement, including the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter and London 2012 Olympic Games. The Acer Group employs 7,000 people worldwide. 2009 revenues reached US$17.9 billion.
You may also be interested in:
- The Innovation Audit: are you breeding a culture that is creating or killing ideas? Many leaders who have been given the directive to ‘build a culture of innovation’ […] Posted in CEO Insider
- The Top 10 Countries With The Largest Military Budgets: Major World Powers As predicted, United States has by far the biggest military budget (accounted for 37 […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Who Is The Highest Paid Disc Jockey In The World: The 12 Top-Earning DJs For 2014? After earning a whopping $66 million, the Scottish DJ Calvin Harris has been named as […] Posted in Rankings
- Sterling Bancshares adds ex PricewaterhouseCoopers Joe Koshkin to board Sterling Bancshares Inc. (SBIS) said that it added Joe Koshkin to its board of […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The 9 Most Extraordinary And Powerful Women in China Every year, Forbes magazine gives a shout-out to extraordinary women on the planet with […] Posted in Rankings
- How Can You Apply Software Defined Networking (SDN) At Your Business? The Software Defined Networking (SDN) concept is still in the early stages, but i […] Posted in Rankings
- Cloud Adoption Continues with Focus on Security, Report Reveals While security still remains a concern for enterprises, professionals are no longer […] Posted in Rankings
- Style And Fashion: 100 Brilliant Pieces Of Advice Ever Received We all love a good inspirational quote in the CEOWORLD Magazine office - especially when […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- India’s Richest Tech Titans: 8 Wealthiest Indian Tech Billionaires, 2016 Technology is a combination of skill, technique, a method and above all a combination of […] Posted in Rankings, India Insider
- Just How Powerful: The Ferrari 458 Speciale A? And thus is born the 458 Speciale A, cut off the, crank up the power, and jack-up the […] Posted in Rankings