Bank of China fund-raising, valuation-wise very attractive
Bank of China Asia’s third-largest lender by market value plans to raise as much as 60 billion yuan ($8.9 billion) in a rights offer to replenish capital. The lender said July 2 it will sell shares in Shanghai and Hong Kong. The stock rose 0.3 percent to 3.4 yuan. The stock was unchanged at HK$3.97 on June 30 before trading was suspended the next trading day.
Bank of China’s, the country’s fourth-largest bank, major fund-raising move comes as an surprise as Agricultural Bank of China , the nation’s No.3 lender, is preparing to launch an IPO in Shanghai and Hong Kong, expected to raise $20 billion or more later this week.
Bank of China grew its loan book faster than China’s major banks in 2009, with its loan balance rising nearly 50%, as Chinese banks pumped out around $1.4 trillion of new loans to support economic growth. In that time, its capital adequacy ratio dropped from 13.43%, at the end of 2008, to 11.09% at the end of March this year.
The unexpected announcement also comes amid mounting talk that China could take steps to support its stock market, which is down 28 percent year to date, making it the world’s second-worst performer after Greece. But i think It’s a good timing to invest in Bank of China and other Chinese banking shares, because valuation-wise, they are very attractive.
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and China Construction Bank, whose capital positions are stronger than Bank of China’s and AgBank’s, have indicated they could put off their massive cash raising plans to as late as next year if necessary
You may also be interested in:
- Customer Experience: Your Secret Weapon Against the Competition Customer experience or "CX" is not just a buzzword, it's an approach that can win new […] Posted in Success Insider
- Staying Private: Why pulling my IPO was my best business decision of my career It was the age of irrational exuberance. I start with that notion because I remember […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Can Companies Afford to Ignore The New Mobile-First Mindset? Anytime, any place, anywhere. Combining always-on super-fast connectivity with the […] Posted in Rankings
- How a Busy CEO Can Maintain His Computer? Nowadays every business is data driven and computers are used for handling all the daily […] Posted in Rankings
- 3 ways to utilise social media for recruitment Today you would assume that everyone, everywhere is using social media but the truth is, […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Top Antivirus, Anti-Spam and Internet Security Software for your business Kaspersky Business Space Security Kaspersky Business Space Security offers an […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- LinkedIn’s Top-20 most attractive employers where everyone wants to work, 2016 That's right, global tech giant Apple, Salesforce, and Facebook are the companies where […] Posted in Rankings
- Key Business Drivers To Justify IT outsourcing And BPO Decision Making Investments 1) Reduce Operating Costs - It seems like this is the primary reason why organizations […] Posted in Rankings
- Notoriously Expensive: List Of America’s Richest Cities To Live As the U.S. economy continues to recover, surprisingly, San Francisco topped a list of […] Posted in Leadership Insider, CEO Insider
- 10 Powerful Businesswomen Reshaping Tech Companies On The Fortune 500 From Sheryl Sandberg to Marissa Mayer, these 10 Powerful Business women reshaping huge […] Posted in Leadership Insider