Sharon Waxman Hollywood news blog TheWrap Raises $2 Million from Howard Schultz and Dylan Stableford Maveron
TheWrap, a unique primary news blog focused on the business of entertainment and media, raises $2 Million, led by Maveron, the VC firm co-founded by Starbucks [[SBUX]] CEO Howard Schultz and Dylan Stableford, paidcontent reported.
The new funding for TheWrap will be used for expansion of news coverage, including a redesign that’s coming later in summer.
TheWrap is a unique primary news source focused on the business of entertainment and media. Offering its readers original reporting, exclusive contributions from industry readers and curated news from around the globe, The Wrap is led by award-winning journalist and author, Sharon Waxman, with a team of veteran entertainment writers and editors including Josef Adalian, Lew Harris, Josh Dickey and Dylan Stableford.
Who is Sharon Waxman?
Editor in Chief TheWrap.com, is an award-winning journalist and best-selling author, a former Hollywood correspondent for The New York Times and a leading authority on the entertainment business and media. Before the Times, she was a correspondent for eight years for The Washington Post.
She started out as a foreign correspondent, covering Europe and the Middle East for a decade. She is the founder and CEO of The Wrap, and the author of two books, including, “Rebels on the Backlot: Six Maverick Directors and How They Conquered the Hollywood Studio System.”
You may also be interested in:
- Meet The 21 Highest Paid Supermodels In The World For 2014 The Brazilian beauty, Gisele Bundchen, 34, has once again topped the Forbes magazine's […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Why Obama wants college kids to use #dontdoublemyrate hashtag on Twitter? President Obama asked college kids to use #dontdoublemyrate hashtag on Twitter to […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Flickr founder Stewart Butterfield is back to video games with Tiny Speck’s Glitch Flickr, the Web's foremost photo-sharing sites, founder Stewart Butterfield is back to […] Posted in Rankings
- The World’s 20 Best Business Schools, 2016 Harvard Business School (HBS) has been ranked No. 1 in the world, according to the […] Posted in Rankings, Education Insider
- Top 25 Most Enticing Beaches In America For 2015 The Siesta Key Public Beach, Sarasota of Florida ranked No. 1 on TripAdvisor's top 25 […] Posted in Leadership Insider, Rankings
- The 25 Most Influential People In U.S. Healthcare For 2015 US Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts leads annual list of 25 most influential […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- What CEOs can learn from Abraham Lincoln and Steve Jobs? World’s greatest corporate leaders, inventors, businesspeople and reformers say dumb […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- How does your target audience watch online video content? The best way of boosting your brand reach and making your products and services known to […] Posted in CEO Insider
- What Millennials Are Looking For In Your Business According to a recent study, millennials are the largest growing generation in the […] Posted in CEO Insider
- Why Derivatives Contracts Are Threatening Your Business Risk mitigation is one of the C-suite’s most important responsibilities in the financial […] Posted in Leadership Insider