Exhaustive Checklist For College Hostel Packing
Your college hostel is going to be your new home. You will spend most of your time at the hostel and with a well-planned exhaustive checklist you can make your college dorm feel like your second home that is away from your home.
This exhaustive checklist will make your life at the hostel a little more bearable as you will have most of the essentials at your disposals.
It might be a great idea to buy some of these items later when you arrive at the hostel to save shipping and packing.
Room Needs And Storage
These are items which may not seem obvious but may come handy once you start your life at hostel.
- Mini trash can
- Under the bed storage trays
- Storage Bins
- Bedside lamp
- Table lamp
- Drying rack for laundry
- Cloth Hangers
- Mesh bag for laundry
- Mini toolkit (hammer, screwdriver, wrench)
Linen/ Laundry Supplies
If you wish for comfortable peaceful sleep bedspreads, pillow covers, the comforter that you use regularly at home can be of help. So don’t forget to grab these essentials. Sheets and pillow covers (confirm the size required with college as some colleges have twin beds which are extra long.
- 2 pillows
- 3 towels for bath, face, and hands
- 2 Blankets
- Bed mattress ( check the size with college)
- Comforter or bedspread
- Mini sewing kit (needles, thread, scissors, buttons)
- Laundry detergent, stain removers, fabric softeners
- Lint Brush
Stationary and all the college essentials fall under this category. The good thing is you can find them easily on campus and you don’t need to carry them all through the way from home.
- College Texts.
- Pens, pencils, sharpener, eraser, ruler.
- Stationary holder.
- Staple and stapler.
- Electronic storage media (USB flash drive and memory cards).
- Folder with pockets.
- Folder for certificates and credentials.
- Highlighter Pens.
- Rubber bands.
- Stackable trays (at least 4).
- Sticky notes.
- Stamps and envelopes.
- Candles and match boxes.
- Calendar/ Planner.
Gadgets have become an inseparable part of every millennial life. Check out this list so you don’t leave them behind.
- Portable Speakers (if you want to play music from mp3/laptop)
- Laptop (printer is optional)
- Surge Protector
- Extension cords
- 2-3 prong adapters
- Cell phone
- MP3 Player
Shared Items (check with roommates)
- Coffee maker/ hot pot/ toaster/ microwave (if allowed)
- Light bulbs
- Small refrigerator
- Area rug
Toiletries consist of everyday essentials like soaps and shampoos. Most of them will be easily available on the campus.
- Bathing soap
- Shower cap
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Nail Fillers
- Face Wash
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Dental floss
- Cotton swabs
- Hair dryer, curling iron, straightener
- Shaving kit (razor, shaving cream, razor blades)
- First aid kit
- Cough syrup
- Mosquito/ insect repellants
Cloths occupy a major part of your luggage. Hence, you need to pack wisely to manage space. The best way to manage cloths is opting for 2-3 pairs of bottom wear which can be paired with different tops, blouses, and shirts.
- Tops/ shirts/ blouses
- Slippers or flip-flops
- 2 Jackets (one light and one heavy)
- Gloves, hat, scarf
- Pair of boots
- 1 pair of dress shoes
- Set of business-casual outfit
Household and Kitchen Items
- Coffee mugs
- Bowl, plate, cup
- Spoons and forks
- Food containers
- Plastic storage bags
- Water bottle
- Paper towels
- Trash bag
- All-purpose cleaner
- Dish soap
- Wet wipes
- Can/ bottle opener
- These are items which you may or may not need.
- Sports equipment
- Playing cards
When you pack your luggage, pack for one term and then switch items when you go home during breaks or holidays. As mentioned earlier pack items which you find easily on campus and buy other items when on campus. You can alter the above list according to your own needs and requirements.
Have you read?
# Europe’s Top Business Schools For Marketing Management Degree, 2019.
# Top 5 Lifestyle Changes For A Healthy CEO Lifestyle.
# Three Expectations to Reduce Turnover: Create a Dream Team of Loyal Employees by Hernani Alves.
# 5 Habits To Avoid During Business Travel.
# Affordable Online Courses For America, 2019.