The view of sunrise brings a feeling of hope, sublime energy and a brilliant visual experience to start off a day in bliss. There are many spots around the world which are exclusively famous for the sunrise because of the visual beauty and landscape magic they offer.
Sunrises often are quite pleasant and enable the viewer to kick start the day with positivity and peace. Every traveler and nature lover would love to scout for sunrise spots during the trip and also prefers to capture the best of it. We bring you the best sunrise spots around the world which a true nature lover cannot afford to miss.
Svalbard, Norway has been recognized as the world’s best sunrise destination 2019, according to a survey by the CEOWORLD magazine, while Mount Sinai in Egypt and Hawaii, United States placed second and third, respectively.
The data come from an annual survey of 94,000 travelers in 38 countries commissioned by the CEOWORLD magazine. The study was conducted over three months from January 20, 2019, to April 19, 2019.
The 2019 rankings placed Angkor Wat in Cambodia in fourth ahead of India’s Taj Mahal into fifth; while Fiji ranked sixth, and Stonehenge in the United Kingdom seventh.
Overall, among the top 10 best sunrise destinations for 2019, the eighth, ninth, and tenth positions are held by Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, Mount Batur, Bali, Indonesia, and Inle Lake in Myanmar.
Best Sunrise Destinations In The World, 2019
- Svalbard, Norway: The greatest aspect of sunrise here is, it doesn’t set from April – August every year. Perhaps this is the reason why sunrise holds such great importance in Svalbard. Located at the north of Arctic circle, the northernmost inhabited spot is the home of the midnight sun. A landscape of glaciers and clutter of mountains is illuminated by shining sun here!
- Mount Sinai, Egypt: The marvelous place has religious connect where Christians and Jews believed that the Ten Commandments were received by Moses from here. It was also mentioned in holy books like the Bible, Torah, and Quran. The sunrise here is inspiring, historic and also holds deep emotional significance for the passionate traveler.
- Hawaii, United States: Do you love to listen to the music of sea waves just when the sun rises? For all the beach lovers, Hawaii is the perfect place for watching the sunrise and getting a retreat. Haleakala National Park is a must visit location here which picks up visitors around 3 AM just to watch the sunrise spectacle. You can also go for a biking ride of 45km near the sea level for a more enthralling experience.
- Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Cambodia: Watching the pristine Angkor Vat temple during the sunrise is one great experience for any traveler. Make sure you spend a day exclusively in the temple grounds before dawn to see the visual spectacle brilliantly over the skies.
- Taj Mahal, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India: Taj Mahal, an ivory-white marble mausoleum, is a natural addition to the list of destinations that showcase the exquisiteness of dawn. The way the sun’s rays fall against the white marble surface of its framework is an absolute stunner. Expecting sunrise in this iconic structure is not so much of a secret anymore, so dealing with a huge crowd is already on the cards and taking the selfie shots is not that easy.
- Fiji: There is something mesmerizing about sunrises in islands – they have a laid back nature to it and at the same time energize the viewer with its immaculate effect. This South Pacific destination is famous among sea lovers and for those who love the turquoise waters.
- Stonehenge, England, United Kingdom: This is a pristine place known for sun worship and the gatherers come here exactly at 5:15 to witness the shining Sun. Some researchers say that this place has been erected as long as 2200 BC and holds great spiritual significance. Indulge in a philosophical sunrise experience in Stonehenge!
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania: Climbing this fantastic mountain range is a must visit list in every traveler’s mind. Raised over 5,895 meters above sea level, the sunrise here is a magnificent sight. Only the braver hearts can climb the mountain with high spirit and also witness the mesmerizing sunrise landscape to experience eternal bliss.
- Mount Batur, Bali, Indonesia: What better mountain to trek than Indonesia’s Mount Batur (Gunung Batur) rising 1,717 above sea level. This famous mountain is unequivocally one of the most in-demand travel destinations in the world. Trekking is so much sweeter when you can catch a glimpse of the dramatic morning sky transform into different hues right before your eye.
- Inle Lake, Myanmar: The Inle Lake in Myanmar (also known as Burma) has charmed thousands of tourists with its fantastic scenery and friendly local guides. Inle Lake provides tourists with a view that no other place can give. It is such a delight riding a boat through the lake and watching the sunrise.
- The Grand Canyon, Arizona, United States: The Grand Canyon is one of the best sunrise spots in America – a no-brainer for an incredible view of the sunrise. It’s well worth a visit!
- Mount Fuji, Japan: Mount Fuji is a famous mountain, being almost perfectly symmetrical and having a permanent, delightfully picturesque snow cap.
- Oia, Santorini, Greece: Whether you believe it or not, it is said that Santorini’s sunsets are among the most sought-after phenomena in the world. It is the place that you see on all the Santorini postcards – white buildings, blue-domed roofs, and pastel-colored shops – arguably the most famous of the Greek Islands.
- Maldives: Whether it is for honeymooners, sun worshipers, scuba divers or celebrities, the Maldives has become a synonym for paradise.
- Machu Picchu, Peru: Without any doubt, the greatest attraction in Peru is the mist-shrouded Inca citadel of Machu Picchu, which was only discovered in 1911 and is believed to have been used by the Incas as a secret ceremonial city. There’s no better way to start your day at this iconic site by watching the rising sun that clears the surrounding mountain peaks and the first rays of soft light that hit and illuminate the ruins from the Intipunku sun gate, the endpoint of the world-famous Inca trail.
Don’t miss the sunrise!
Have you read?
# GDP Rankings Of The World’s Largest Economies, 2019.
# Most Expensive Countries In The World To Live In, 2019.
# Countries With The Highest Average Life Expectancies In 2030.
# The World’s Best Performing Companies 2019.
# World’s Most Luxurious Hotels, 2019.
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org