Cornell University School of Hotel Administration has been ranked No. 1 on the list of the best hospitality and hotel management schools in the world for 2018, according to a new study out by the CEOWORLD magazine, Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne placed second on the list, followed by the School of Hospitality Business at Michigan State University at No. 3.
The 2018 rankings placed Harrah College of Hospitality at the University of Nevada in fourth ahead of
Rosen College of Hospitality Management into fifth; while the International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management at Fairleigh Dickinson University ranked sixth, and Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management seventh.
Overall, among the top 10 best hospitality and hotel management schools in the world for 2018, the eighth, ninth, and tenth positions are held by Switzerland’s Les Roches, UW-Stout’s School of Hospitality, and School of Hotel & Restaurant Management at Northern Arizona University.
Best hospitality and hotel management schools in the world for 2018
General Methodology on the CEOWORLD magazine’s best hospitality and hotel management schools in the world for 2018 ranking.
The rankings are based on seven major metrics of quality and reputation. Overall Score (100%) is the sum of:
1. Perceived Global Brands Influence (20%)
2. Recruiters Responses (20%)
3. Employers Feedback (10%)
4. Job Placement Rate (10%)
5. Admission Eligibility (10%)
6. Specialization (10%)
7. Academic Reputation (20%)
To establish our list, we collected information and statistics from publicly available sources, research, and survey. The ranking measures the quality of education, job placements of graduates, recruiters response, employers feedback, without relying on institutions data submissions.
Graduates, industry professionals, employers, and recruiters were asked to rate universities on a scale of 1 “marginal” to 100 “outstanding” or “don’t know.”
However, this is by no means a comprehensive list, while institutions above are the CEOWORLD magazine’s “best hospitality and hotel management schools in the world for 2018,” there may be many other hotel management schools that offer excellent programs.
* This ranking should not be viewed as the most important aspect when choosing a hotel management school, and are merely one element to consider.
* The top-ranked hotel management school receives 100 points.
* The rankings are the result of a rigorous analytical exercise, incorporating multiple data sources, without relying on university data submissions.
* Detailed survey data and information collected directly from 110,000 individuals, across 7 data points.
* CEOWORLD magazine conducted its survey from early October 2017 to mid-April 2018.
* Magazine invited 110,000 Individual from 46 countries to participate in this year’s study.
* Surveys completed by 50,000 graduates; 25,000 recruiters; and 35,000 employers (with 500 or more employees) around the world.
* We analyzed over 118 hotel management schools during the data collection process.
* The overall score is numerical scores given to the hotel management schools based on students, industry professionals, and recruiter feedback — measuring the quality of the hotel management school. Total scores are out of 100.
* The margin of sampling error for the full sample of 110,000 respondents is plus or minus 1.2 percentage points. In addition to sampling error, one should bear in mind that as in all survey research, there are possible sources of error—such as coverage, nonresponse and measurement error——that could affect the results.
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: firstname.lastname@example.org