Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos overtakes Tesla CEO Elon Musk to reclaim spot as world’s wealthiest person, according to real-time data from Forbes. With a net worth of roughly $190.3 billion, Jeff Bezos, the founder, and CEO of Amazon is the richest person in the world, followed by Elon R Musk ($173.4 billion).
As Tesla Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA) shares closed at $796.22, down more than 2.4%, Musk saw his net worth slide by $3.9 billion on Tuesday. The Amazon chief executive officer’s personal wealth, which is mostly in Amazon stock (NASDAQ: AMZN), has skyrocketed in recent years along with the company’s share price.
Elon Musk had briefly taken over Jeff Bezos in January as the world’s richest person, thanks to Tesla’s soaring share price. However, his reign was brief as the Amazon chief bagged the title back quickly to climb the rankings.
Top 10 wealthiest people in the world
- Jeff Bezos: $190.3 billion
- Elon Musk: $173.4 billion
- Bernard Arnault: $157.9 billion
- Bill Gates: $123.9 billion
- Mark Zuckerberg: $100.2 billion
- Zhong Shanshan: $99.1 billion
- Warren Buffett: $92.9 billion
- Larry Page: $91.8 billion
- Sergey Brin: $89.0 billion
- Larry Ellison: $86.8 billion