Harvard University has been recognized as the best college in the United States for 2019, according to a report by the Forbes magazine, while Stanford University and Yale University placed second and third, respectively. Overall, among the top 5 best colleges in America, the 4th, 5th, and 6th positions are held by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Princeton University, and the University of Pennsylvania.
Top Colleges are determined using 6 general categories: Alumni Salary (20%); Student Satisfaction (20%); Debt (20%); American Leaders (15%), which is based on alumni in the magazine’s database of successful people, including billionaires, powerful women, leaders in public service, and more; On-Time Graduation Rate (12.5%); and Academic Success (12.5%). Here’s a look at the rankings:
- Harvard University, Massachusetts
- Stanford University, California
- Yale University, Connecticut
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Massachusetts
- Princeton University, New Jersey
- University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania
- Brown University, Rhode Island
- California Institute of Technology, California
- Duke University, North Carolina
- Dartmouth College, New Hampshire
- Cornell University, New York
- Pomona College, California
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- Columbia University, New York
- Georgetown University, District Of Columbia
- University of Chicago, Illinois
- Northwestern University, Illinois
- University of Notre Dame, Indiana
- Williams College, Massachusetts
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Have you read?
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.