The digital age has brought an explosion of data. This data can be leveraged for seemingly limitless possibilities, including the advent of artificial intelligence (AI). Within the field of AI is machine learning, which includes deep learning. Companies across the world are turning to IT staffing services to incorporate deep learning into their products, leading to new innovations.
As a whole, machine learning enables devices to learn and develop skills that were previously only thought to fall under the purview of human intelligence. In deep learning, artificial neural networks, or algorithms inspired by the function and makeup of the human brain, are able to learn how to perform tasks from data.
Every time the network performs or repeats a task, the system is modified to improve the outcome for the next time, creating new layers of neural networks. Essentially, it learns by example.
Given the enormous potential for leveraging deep learning in industries ranging from automotive to finance, it’s no surprise that businesses are partnering with IT staffing companies to find top talent for implementing deep learning in their products. Here’s how the process works, along with real-world examples of deep learning in action.
How does deep learning work?
Deep learning models learn directly from vast amounts of unstructured and unlabeled data, generated, for example, from images or sounds. Artificial neural networks, algorithms that interact as neurons in the brain do, boil down the data to make it more digestible. Through “deep” layers, including the input, hidden, and output layers, data is processed and distilled, new information is added and passed on, and the deep learning model draws conclusions. This continues across the entire network.
Algorithms are adjusted during the process to create more layers and fine-tune the model. When data is added or the algorithms gain more experience, the model adapts and changes accordingly.
The deep learning process is complex, which is why it is essential for businesses to use IT staffing services to employ top professionals in the field. They can facilitate and oversee the process of incorporating deep learning into products and ensuring that it runs smoothly.
Examples of deep learning
Deep learning has applications across numerous devices and fields. Businesses in nearly every sector have plenty of opportunities, and working with IT staffing services to find top talent can make their ideas a reality. Deep learning uses include:
- Driverless vehicles: Deep learning allows cars to know what a stop sign, traffic light, or curb looks like and distinguish the objects from one another. It can also recognize pedestrians to help avoid accidents.
- Facial recognition tools: Deep learning is also responsible for automatically recognizing faces. It’s the technology behind auto-tagging pictures on Facebook as well as security devices that allow entry into certain restricted buildings and offices.
- Fraud detection systems: In banking, for instance, deep learning can discover fraud based on transactional history, credit score, IP address, and other information about the user and his or her patterns. It can be responsible for alerting the bank of suspicious activity and even putting a hold on the user’s account to prevent further fraud from taking place.
- Recreational and entertainment services: The algorithms behind deep learning are responsible for helping you pick out what you watch, read, and do. For example, the process powers Netflix’s suggestions for what users should watch based on their previously-watched shows and preferences.
- Research in medicine: Deep learning is also responsible for advances in the medical field. At UCLA, for instance, researchers developed a technique in which low-resolution microscopy images can be transformed into images with a super-resolution. This has the potential to both reduce the need for ultra-expensive equipment and enable medical professionals and scientists without special training in imaging to make observations using the microscope.
- Virtual assistants: Siri and Alexa are the products of deep learning as well. The process is used to detect the sound of your voice and respond accordingly, as well as remember your preferences.
Once thought to be the stuff of futuristic sci-fi movies, deep learning has become integral to our everyday lives. Whether you’ve taken advantage of auto-tagging to identify faces on social media, asked Alexa to play your favorite song, or followed up on one of Netflix’s recommendations, you’ve used it.
Because deep learning continues to become more advanced as it gains experience, it has the power to evolve beyond our comprehension in years to come. As it grows, more and more business will need to use IT staffing services to find professionals who are knowledgeable about it and experienced in facilitating and applying deep learning to their products. This is essential for remaining competitive, no matter what the nature of the industry.
Have you read?
# The World’s Top 100 Most Successful Unicorns, 2019.
# GDP Rankings Of The World’s Largest Economies, 2019.
# Most Expensive Countries In The World To Live In, 2019.
# Countries With The Highest Average Life Expectancies In 2030.