Europe is one of those gifted continents which is quite diverse in landscape, brilliant in facilities and extremely comfortable to travel whether solo or in the group. The roads are quite well- equipped with strong infrastructure and of course- offer some breathtaking landscape views. Also read: The 50 Best Road Trip Songs Of All Time.
Right from snowcapped mountains, to riveting rivers and to marvelous plains, Europe has it all. It would be the greatest gift to give yourself a road trip to Europe to get an enchanting experience. 2019 is the right year to be explorative in terms of road trips and hence we bring you the list of greatest road trips in Europe!
- Madeira road trip, Portugal: Love to travel around an island landscape? Madeira is one of the main islands along the island of Porto Santo known for magnificent golden beaches. Plan a road trip here and visit Camara de Lobos, Cabo Girao, Calheta, Porto Moniz, and its volcanic pools. For the travelers who love to walk, try a stroll in Madeira forest and also stay in the splendid Belmond Reid’s Palace where Winston Churchill used to live with his wife.
- Germany’s Romantic Road Trip (Romantische Strasse): Take a breathtaking road trip in the winding roads of Germany for a romantic experience. Head to Wurzburg from Frankfurt to visit the romantic villages such as Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Augsburg, Landsberg and so on. These villages bring out the subtlety of life in terms of landscapes and indigenous appeal.
- Tuscany Road Trip, Italy: To explore the beauty of the Italian countryside, there is no other better road trip than to Tuscany. Begin your trip from Florence and spend a nice 2-3 days to explore the heritage of it. Visit Pisa and then to Sienna for a beautiful experience. Also, visit the hidden gem of Europe –Bagnoregio. Enjoy the sun of Tuscany and get a rejuvenating feel.
- Atlantic Road Trip, Norway: This mystical country speaks nothing but of beauty and breathtaking views. Go up to the north of Bergen to discover unexplored places that cover small islands connected to bridges. This road stretches only 8 kilometers long and is free of charge! The beauty of Norway is experienced only through the Atlantic Road.
- Portugal Coast Road Trip: If you might be under the impression that California has the best coast road trips ever, It would be a mistake! Land in Porto- one of the most beautiful destinations in the world and visit Pinhao- 30 minutes drive from Porto. One can discover the best of Portugal’s coast via Aveiro, Coimbra, Leiria and the fortress of Peniche on the coast. Enjoy the brilliance of Lisbon and spend a good 2-3 days stay there to get the salty breeze.
- Route 500 Road Trip, Germany: The winding roads go through the Black Forest and offer amazing views via the mountains and the woods. The picturesque route via Feldberg to Waldkirch is 70 kilometers long on a clear day and offers magnificent views from mountains of Alsace and Swiss Alps. Also, get the views of Rhineland Plain and Northern Black Forest as well.
Have you read?
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.