Europe is a continent which breathes art in every country which reflects various cultures and speaks of breathtaking heritage. Because of the unique aura it carries, Europe attracts art lovers around the world to get a mesmerizing experience. Be it museums, old monuments, or historic cafes or restaurants- every place in Europe has a story of its own. The continent is rich with strong cultural roots and heritage and of course sumptuous food. The passionate global traveler gets the best out of a trip by visiting Europe and take back an enchanting experience in return. We bring you the list of popular art destinations in Europe:
- Berlin, Germany: When it comes to art, Germany has a style of its own. Visit the Museum Island which includes the collection of Islamic art in the Pergamon, Egyptian treasures in Neues Museum and sculpture in the Bode Museum. Also, look for the local artists in Berlinsche Gallerie. The Sammlung Boros collection is one of the best contemporary galleries secreted in a World War II bunker.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: The Dutch city is a heaven for art lovers ranging from Van Gogh’s Sunflowers to Rembrandt’s Night Watch. The Van Gogh Museum features 200 of his works- which is a rare feat. The Stedelijk is hung with modern works while the canalside mansions – Willet Holthuysen and Van Loon museums which are treasure troves of art.
- Florence, Italy: Being the cradle of Renaissance, this Italian town is a hub for artworks. The world-famous Uffizi gallery is Botticelli’s celebrated Birth of Venus while the highlight of Academicia’s collection is Michelangelo’s iconic sculpture, David. The Museo di San Marco has Fra Angelico’s painting of The Annunciation and the Medici treasures are displayed in the Palazzo Vecchio.
- London, UK: London is visually rich in everything that is connected to history and art. The Visual extravagance of the city speaks for itself. From grand galleries holding the historic art treasures to contemporary art galleries which are much more compact, London has everything for the art lover. The national art gallery hosts exhibitions round the year along with permanent displays by the Royal Academy of Arts in Piccadilly, The Courtyard Gallery in Somerset House and Barbican’s art gallery. The converted power station Tate Modern is best for contemporary and street art.
- Madrid, Spain: A single visit to Prado’s spectacular art collection is a great place to start in Madrid. Guernica painting housed in Reina Sofia along with the Thyssen –Bornemiza is an elegant nineteenth-century palace which is world-class. The Museo de America contains pre-Columbian American exhibits and the other galleries display decorative arts, metalwork, and prehistoric sculptures.
- Paris, France: Home of the legendary fresco Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci, Paris is an art lovers paradise. The Louvre Museum here takes five solid days to completely explore the art treasure within it. The recent construction of the Golden Pyramid outside the museum has become another star attraction. Watch out for Medieval art in Cluny Museum that includes tapestries, and altarpieces and Marmottan- Claude Monet museum is a must-visit for impressionist fans.
Have you read?CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on Google News, Twitter, and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org