The idea of Desert and traveling there might be quite bizarre at the first moment, but it is one of the greatest landscape marvels to teach the philosophy of life. In fact, Deserts are uplifting environments of light, space, and possibility which is an ideal welcome change for colder winters of the west. However, the cold in the desert is an experience by itself because of the thrilling starry night sky from the sand dunes. Apart from the obvious sand, rock, and grit- deserts also offer mountains, valleys and of course- oases! For wildlife lovers, desert destinations also offer the sightings of endangered species like blackbucks. We bring you the list of brilliant desert destinations around the world which would make your trip even more memorable:
- Gobi Desert (China and Mongolia): This is Asia’s biggest desert spanning from northern China to Mongolia. The plenty of sand and gravel present along with evergreen forest and dune system as well. Flaming Cliffs here is an important place here to sight dinosaur fossils. One can try the 16-day snow leopard tour which is a once in a lifetime experience. Covers an area of 1,295,000 km2 (500,000 sq mi).
- Sahara Desert (African continent): It would be a crime not to include the greatest desert Sahara for the best destination list. The vastness of this desert speaks for itself. Occupying much of North Africa including Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, and Egypt- the travel to Sahara includes petroglyphs, classical ruins, ancient villages, breathtaking oasis towns and never-ending sandscapes for an enthralling experience. Covers an area of 9,200,000 square kilometres (3,600,000 sq mi).
- Kalahari Desert (Botswana, parts of Namibia and regions of South Africa): Another desert in the African continent makes to the list because of its glorious impact. It spreads across Namibia, Botswana and South Africa and the traveler can witness rainfall in the desert- which is a unique phenomenon. After witnessing the breathtaking rains, the vast Makgadikgadi Salt Pan is a fantastic place to visit wildebeest and zebra. Also, look for the predators that follow them and migratory birds. Covers an area of 900,000 square kilometres (350,000 sq mi).
- Namib Desert (Angola, Namibia, and South Africa): Spreading inland from the Atlantic Coast across Angola, Namibia, and South Africa, this is a driving destination paradise for desert lovers. There are an ample number of coastal resorts on the way and rich versatility of wildlife and flora. The gravel roads here are quite appealing and bring an enchanting natural view. One can get the best out of Namibia during this stay. Covers an area of 2,000 kilometres (1,200 mi).
- The Atacama Desert, Chile, South America: Would you love to witness pink flamingoes fly freely over the horizon of the desert? Atacama desert is the right place to see it. Along with desert landscapes, one can also see El Tatio geysers and a geological freakshow called the Valley of the Moon. To explore the natural habitat of the area, the chi-chi frontier town of San Pedro de Atacama is a great place to start with. Covers an area of 1000-km (600-mi).
- Thar Desert (the Great Indian Desert), India: In order to experience the best of Indian mysticism in the backdrop of the desert, Thar is the ideal choice for sure. A breathtaking patchwork of sand, hills, gravel plains which is also a home for wildlife. There are camel safaris, sunset dinners, midnight camps and longer excursions to the towns of Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. Also visit Udaipur, the home for ravishing palaces built by the local rulers Rajputs. Covers an area of 200,000 km2 (77,000 sq mi).
Have you read?
# Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2019.
# Best Business Schools In The World For 2019.
# Best Performing Arts Schools In The World, 2019.
# Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World For 2019.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org