It does not take much time to watch a movie. However, there are countless activities going on behind the camera to evolve a story into a film. Having an extraordinary story is one thing, and projecting the movie ultimately onto the big screen is another. Therefore, formal education is conducive to making an excellent movie.
USC School of Cinematic Arts has been recognized as the best film school in the world for 2019, according to at the CEOWORLD magazine, while American Film Institute (AFI) and UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television placed second and third, respectively.
The 2019 rankings placed California Institute of the Arts (Calarts) in fourth ahead of National Film and Television School (NFTS) into fifth; while New York Film Academy (NYFA) ranked sixth, and NYU Tisch School of the Arts seventh.
Overall, among the top 10 best film schools in the world, the eighth, ninth, and tenth positions are held by Toronto Film School in Canada, Australia’s Sydney Film School, and Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) in India.
Best Film Schools In The World For 2019
USC School of Cinematic Arts, United States: Thanks to significant contributions from alumni as well as the non-graduate Steven Spielberg, USC SCA is the richest film school in the world. Since 1973, the SCA is the proud holder of an incredible record: at least one of their alumnus has been nominated for an Academy Award every year. This has resulted in 256 nominations and 78 wins. That explains why the CEOWORLD magazine has ranked it the best film school in the world!
- Degrees: B.A., M.A., MFA and Ph.D. programs in film, TV, animation, interactive media
- Famous alumni: Richard Edlund is a joint winner of the Oscars for Best Effects, Visual Effects for Star Wars (1977) and Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). Jon Landau won the Oscar for Best Picture for Titanic (1997). George Lucas, who created the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.
American Film Institute (AFI), United States: The accredited AFI Conservatory provides training in 6 filmmaking disciplines: cinematography, production design, directing, producing, editing, and screenwriting. According to the CEOWORLD magazine, AFI is the second-best film school in the world.
- Degrees: MFA, Certificate of Completion
- Famous alumni: Doug Ellin is widely known for creating the HBO television series Entourage. Wally Pfister won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography for Inception (2010). Janusz Kamiński won the Academy Award for Best Cinematography for Schindler’s List (1993) and Saving Private Ryan (1998).
The UCLA School of Theater, Film and Television at the University of California, Los Angeles, United States: UCLA was the first leading university had combined all three aspects: theater, film, and television into a single administration. Its Archive is the second largest collection of media materials in the United States — only the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. is larger!
- Degrees: MFA, Certificate of Completion
- Famous alumni: Eric Roth won the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay (Forrest Gump). Tim Robbins is popularly known for his role as Andy Dufresne in The Shawshank Redemption (1994). He won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his work in Mystic River (2003). Francis Ford Coppola won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay as co-writer, sharing it with Edmund H. North for Patton (1970).
California Institute of the Arts (Calarts), United States: Calarts was founded by the pioneer of the American animation industry, Walt Disney in 1961. Schools at CalArts include School of Film/Video, School of Theater, School of Art, School of Critical Studies, The Herb Alpert School of Music, The Sharon Disney Lund School of Dance.
- Degrees: BFA, BFA in character animation; MFA in film, video and experimental animation, MFA in directing
- Famous alumni: Director Tim Burton, MacArthur “genius grant” recipient Mark Bradford, and actors Ed Harris, Don Cheadle, Alison Brie are some of the well-known alumni.
The National Film and Television School (NFTS), Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom: Since the NFTS has its own TV and film studios, their student community makes around 150 films a year on courses. Another impressive fact about NFTs is that 70% of their graduates find jobs in the industry.
- Degrees: M.A. in film and TV
- Famous alumni: Oscar-winning cinematographer Roger Deakins, Oscar-winning animator Nick Park, and acclaimed director David Yates (the Harry Potter series, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them)
Have you read?
# Best Music Schools In The World For 2019.
# Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2019.
# Best Business Schools In The World For 2019.
# World’s Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools, 2019.
# Best Law Schools In The World, 2019.
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org