American Universities Have Dominated Again: Harvard Came Top, MIT Second, And Stanford Third.
Despite fears that America is suffering a “Trump slump.” The U.S. colleges and universities have dominated again, with eight American institutions coming in the top ten, according to Times Higher Education global survey, including 28 of the top 50.
Harvard University came top, with MIT second, and Stanford third. UC Berkeley (No. 6); Princeton (No. 7), and Yale (No. 8), were also in the top ten along with UCLA and the University of Chicago were tied for 9th place. Other U.S. universities in the top 20 were the Caltech, Columbia, UMich, UPenn, and Cornell.
The University of Cambridge (No. 4) and the University of Oxford (No. 5) in the UK were the only non-American institutions in the top 10 universities with best global reputations for 2018. The rankings measure reputation based on a survey of 10,000 world academics.
Top 20 universities with best global reputations for 2018:
- Harvard University, US
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US
- Stanford University, US
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- University of California, Berkeley, US
- Princeton University, US
- Yale University, US
- University of California, Los Angeles, US
- University of Chicago, US
- California Institute of Technology, US
- Columbia University, US
- The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Tsinghua University, China
- University of Michigan, US
- University of Pennsylvania, US
- Peking University, China
- Cornell University, US
- UCL, UK
- Imperial College London, UK
Cornell University consistently performs well in multiple rankings. UChicago placed No. 10 among U.S. universities and No. 15 among all universities worldwide, according to CEOWORLD magazine’s best universities in the world for 2018 rankings.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018
- World’s Top 10 Countries With The Most Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals, 2018 - November 9, 2018