Suffering a rout in the stock markets this week, Indian billionaire Gautam Adani has lost the coveted tag of being the second richest billionaire in Asia.
His net worth has fallen to $62.9 billion, down from $77 billion at the beginning of this week. In just 4 days, Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani has lost roughly $14.1 billion from his net worth.
As a result, Chinese pharmaceutical magnet Zhong Shanshan) has reclaimed his position as the 2nd richest man in Asia after Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani. Shanshan’s wealth stood at $70.4 billion while Ambani’s was at $84.6 billion in the rich list.
Asia’s top 10 richest people, as of June 21, 2021
- Mukesh Ambani: $84.6 billion (Chairman and MD of Reliance Industries)
- Zhong Shanshan: $70.4 billion (chairman of Nongfu Spring; the major shareholder of Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy Enterprise)
- Gautam Adani: $62.9 billion (the founder of Adani Group)
- Ma Huateng: $60.3 billion (the co-founder and chief executive officer of Tencent Holdings)
- Jack Ma: $48.7 billion (the founder of Alibaba Group)
- Zhang Yiming: $44.5 billion (the founder of ByteDance)
- Colin Huang: $44.0 billion (the founder of Pinduoduo)
- Zeng Yuqun: $40.1 billion (the chairman of Contemporary Amperex Technology Co)
- Tadashi Yanai: $38.2 billion(the chairman and biggest shareholder of Fast Retailing)
- Li Ka-shing: $34.8 billion (the founder of CK Hutchison Holdings)
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org