Suffering a rout in the stock markets this week, Indian billionaire Gautam Adani has lost the coveted tag of being the second richest billionaire in Asia.
His net worth has fallen to $62.9 billion, down from $77 billion at the beginning of this week. In just 4 days, Adani Group Chairman Gautam Adani has lost roughly $14.1 billion from his net worth.
As a result, Chinese pharmaceutical magnet Zhong Shanshan) has reclaimed his position as the 2nd richest man in Asia after Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani. Shanshan’s wealth stood at $70.4 billion while Ambani’s was at $84.6 billion in the rich list.
Asia’s top 10 richest people, as of June 21, 2021
- Mukesh Ambani: $84.6 billion (Chairman and MD of Reliance Industries)
- Zhong Shanshan: $70.4 billion (chairman of Nongfu Spring; the major shareholder of Beijing Wantai Biological Pharmacy Enterprise)
- Gautam Adani: $62.9 billion (the founder of Adani Group)
- Ma Huateng: $60.3 billion (the co-founder and chief executive officer of Tencent Holdings)
- Jack Ma: $48.7 billion (the founder of Alibaba Group)
- Zhang Yiming: $44.5 billion (the founder of ByteDance)
- Colin Huang: $44.0 billion (the founder of Pinduoduo)
- Zeng Yuqun: $40.1 billion (the chairman of Contemporary Amperex Technology Co)
- Tadashi Yanai: $38.2 billion(the chairman and biggest shareholder of Fast Retailing)
- Li Ka-shing: $34.8 billion (the founder of CK Hutchison Holdings)
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on Google News, Twitter, and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org