Gautam Adani is locked in a tug-of-war with Mukesh Ambani for the title of ASIA’s richest person. Both Adani and Ambani currently command vast fortunes, although Ambani has a slight edge over Adani – US$7.3 billion. The pair are followed by Zhong Shanshan, the head of a China-based beverages-to-pharma conglomerate, whose net worth is currently pegged at $71.2 billion.
With a net worth of roughly $77 billion, Gautam Adani, the second-wealthiest person in Asia, has added US$43.2 billion to his wealth this year. The rapid wealth surge Gautam Adani has seen in 2021, beating the gains for Bill Gates and Warren Buffett.
Reliance Group’s Mukesh Ambani is the richest person in Asia with $84.3 billion wealth, while Adani is second with $77 billion wealth. Globally, Ambani is the 12th richest, while Adani is at the 14th place.
Asia’s top 10 richest people, as of June 12, 2021
- Mukesh Ambani: $84.3 billion
- Gautam Adani: $77.0 billion
- Zhong Shanshan: $71.2 billion
- Ma Huateng: $60.1 billion
- Jack Ma: $48.9 billion
- Zhang Yiming: $44.5 billion
- Colin Huang: $43.4 billion
- Zeng Yuqun: $39.1 billion
- Tadashi Yanai: $38.9 billion
- William Ding: $35.7 billion