With a net worth of roughly US$340 million, James Alan Hetfield (Metallica) is the wealthiest heavy metal singer in the world, followed by Ozzy Osbourne (No. 2, US$225 million), Bruce Dickinson (No. 3, US$100 million); and Rob Halford (No. 4, US$80 million).
Like most incredibly successful rock and metal groups, Metallica (Lars Ulrich, James Hetfield, Kirk Hammett, Robert Trujillo) has seen members come and go – Metallica ranks as one of the most commercially successful bands of all time, having sold over 125 million albums worldwide.
Top 10 richest heavy metal singers in the world with net worth
- James Alan Hetfield (Metallica): $340 million
- Ozzy Osbourne (Black Sabbath): $225 million
- Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden): $100 million
- Rob Halford (Judas Priest): $80 million
- Maynard James Keenan (Tool): $70 million
- Jonathan Davis (Korn): $60 million
- Dave Mustaine (Megadeth): $40 million
- Tom Araya (Slayer): $35 million
- M. Shadows (Avenged Sevenfold) – $20 million
- Corey Taylor (Slipknot) – $12 million