Visiting zoological parks is quite an enriching experience especially for family travelers and kids. The presence of wildlife in the protected environment brings many visitors across the globe to get fun experience. Depending on the type of wildlife species you would want to look out for, there are some amazing zoological parks around the world that are entertaining to the core. Here is the list of excellent zoological parks across the globe:
- Singapore Zoo: Over 2,800 animals represents around 300 species of mammals, birds, and reptiles over the 64-acre in the lush Mandai forest. Unlike other traditional zoos, Singapore Zoo has open exhibits where cages don’t exist. The meticulously recreated animal habitats are featured on elevated platforms, underwater galleries, and glass observatories are quite enthralling. Lack of cages gives an interactive experience for the visitors.
- San Diego Zoo: This is a great destination for children as well as adults who love animals. For a little adventurous spirit, one can go to the sea world. The deeper look in the habitats of the fish hit the Birch Aquarium. There are exotic species such as giant pandas, koalas, leopards, Chinese alligators and many more. Their expensive Botanical garden has over 700,000 plants.
- Taronga Zoo, Sydney: Located by 12 minutes in a ferry from Sydney, Taronga Zoo is an authentic Australian zoo experience. One can also have an amazing view of Sydney Harbor and Opera House before getting some close introduction to wildlife. Catch up with a scenic trail with a tour guide where the visitors can spot giraffes, koalas , African elephants, Australian sea lions, Tasmanian devils and many more. The activities of seals and birds, educational talks by keepers, feed giraffes and meet a reptile.
- Columbus Zoo, Ohio: This is one of the largest zoos in the world which is in Powell, close to Columbus. With over 9000 animals over 793 species and attracting over 2.3 million visitors, Columbus Zoo is an enriching experience. It also offers thrilling rides, coasters, drops, spin rides, and even a water park.
- National Zoological Gardens of South Africa: Also known as Pretoria Zoo, it was founded in 1916 and has grown into as long as 216 acres. Half of the zoo lies in flat ground and the other half is of the hillside. Streaming between two areas is the Apies River and getting around the two sides is via a suspension bridge. The journey within the zoo has chimpanzees, various water birds, and lemurs, primates, marmosets, kangaroos, and emus.
- Beijing Zoo: This zoo was established in 1906 by the late Qing dynasty which grew substantially from relatively humble beginnings as a home for 12 monkeys, two parrots, and a blind emu. Now, it contains 950 species of animals sprawling over 210 acres of land and is called the most popular exhibits in the city. On display, they also have the South China tiger, Chinese Alligators and most notably the giant Pandas. The manicured flower gardens, large groves of trees, grassland streams and lotus pools are fantastic to stroll around as well.
Have you read?
The World’s 100 Most Popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites On Instagram.
The World’s Best Countries For Business Expats.
The Most Powerful People In The World.
World’s Most Powerful Women.
China Rich List: Richest Chinese Billionaires.