Thanks to Zhang Yong, Kwek Leng Beng, and Goh Cheng Liang, the top 50 wealthiest people in Singapore saw their wealth surge in the past year to reach $130 billion. They are 12% richer than they were last year.
With a net worth of $10.6 billion, Facebook co-founder Eduardo Saverin, is the youngest person on the list.
Meanwhile, shipping tycoon Chang Yun Chung ($1.5 billion) is the oldest person on the list. The 101-year-old, Chang Yun Chung, is also the oldest billionaire in the world.
Zhang Yong, who is now a naturalized Singapore citizen, is the richest man in Singapore. Zhang Yong’s net worth stands at $13.8 billion. Zhang is the founder of Haidilao International, running a chain of hotpot restaurants. To make the list of the top 50 required a net worth of at least $560 million.
Who are the richest people in Singapore?
- Zhang Yong; $13.8 billion
- Robert and Philip Ng; $12.1 billion
- Eduardo Saverin; $10.6 billion
- Goh Cheng Liang; $9.5 billion
- Kwek Leng Beng; $8.8 billion
- Wee Cho Yaw; $6.6 billion
- Khoo family; $6.5 billion
- Kwee brothers; $5.7 billion
- Kuok Khoon Hong; $3 billion
- Choo Chong Ngen; $2.95 billion
- Richard Chandler; $2.9 billion
- Raj Kumar & Kishin RK; $2.65 billion
- Arvind Tiku; $2.2 billion
- Peter Lim; $2.05 billion
- Sam Goi; $2 billion
- Ong Beng Seng and Christina Ong; $1.7 billion
- Asok Kumar Hiranandani; $1.69 billion
- Lim Oon Kuin; $1.65 billion
- Lee family; $1.61 billion
- Ho family; $1.6 billion
- Forrest Li; $1.57 billion
- Chang Yun Chung; $1.5 billion
- Tang Wee Kit; $1.43 billion
- Chew Gek Khim; $1.42 billion
- Zhong Sheng Jian; $1.41 billion
- Oei Hong Leong; $1.4 billion
- Lien family; $1.35 billion
- Gordon Tang; $1.3 billion
- Tay family; $1.29 billion
- Ron Sim; $1.28 billion
- Chua Thian Poh; $1.25 billion
- Koh Wee Meng; $1.2 billion
- Robert Friedland; $1.05 billion
- Wong brothers; $970 million
- Michael Kum; $930 million
- Lim Chap Huat; $925 million
- Gang Ye; $900 million
- Peter Fu Chong Cheng; $890 million
- Lim Hock Chee; $870 million
- Muhammed Aziz Khan; $850 million
- Kuik Ah Han; $800 million
- Cheng Wai Keung; $790 million
- Tan Boy Tee ; $705 million
- Saurabh Mittal; $700 million
- Loo Choon Yong; $695 million
- John Lim; $690 million
- Shaw Vee Meng; $610 million
- Danny Yong; $590 million
- Yao Hsiao Tung; $585 million
- Min-Liang Tan; $560 million
Have you read?
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.