To get a world-class river rafting experience, there is no better destination than South America. Originating from the greatest Andes mountains, South America offers exciting expeditions through spectacular canyons, tropical rain forests, and native villages. For the nature lovers who love a bit of thrilling adventure, South America offers the greatest memorable experience for sure. The rivers here are classified under III-V and have long periods of rapids.
These are the six best river rafting destinations in South America:
- Futaleufu River, Chile: Regarded as the best white water river rafting destinations in the world, the Caribbean colored river runs from Andes mountains from a chain of sunny lakes in Argentina before it meets the massive Pacific. The rugged mountains and lush vegetation provides amazing scenery. Along with river rafting, lot of trip operators offer private camps with hot tubs, tree houses, natural stone shelters with fire places and horse-riding as well.
- Rio Upano, Ecuador: The best season to visit this place is from October-February when the weather is at its tropical best. It takes you from the Amazon basin in Ecuador through warm water, tropical heat, virgin rain forests and beautiful 100-foot high waterfalls. For a wild instinct river rafting experience, choose Rio Upano.
- Rio Cotahuasi, Peru: With awesome scenery , native villages, hot springs , world-class rapids, spectacular campsites and thrilling canyons, Rio Cotahuasi is a great destination for sure. Visit the deepest canyon in the world which is twice the depth of Arizona’s Grand Canyon measuring 11,587 feet from river to rim. Right from the first descent in 1994, this has been a relatively unknown world class rafting spot
- Colca River, Peru: This river is accessible only by raft of kayak and only few gifted people had the incredible opportunity to experience the breathtaking river and the ancient cultural people of the valley show up great cultural roots of the region. Being the Class IV-V white water river rafting experience, river rafting here is quite challenging as well as rewarding. It is also called the most pristine river rafting destination in the planet. One can also visit the world heritage site Machu Picchu which is near to this destination for a complete adventurous experience.
- Alumine, Argentina: The waterway here runs from south to the north which runs across the country. This area is best suited for skilled rafters, the river is known for turbulent water thereby making it the most sought-after destinations in the world. The scenery offers from lush river side to sandy beach side which is a rare feat for sure. The best season to visit this destination is from April-November when the climate is very relaxing and ideal for more adventurous feats.
- Corcovado, Argentina: For the river rafting enthusiasts who have just begun the journey of river rafting, Corcovado offers the best. The waters here can be heavy with a variety of fish ranging from salmon, mackerel, perch and trout. For the wildlife lover, Corcovado has amazing range of bird sightings such as ibis, snipes, sheld geese and ducks.
Have you read?