National Geographic Traveler magazine has just published its annual list of the top 20 destinations that holidaymakers must visit in 2015 as part of its “Best of the World – 20 Places You Should See in 2015” feature.
Making a surprise number one entry for places you should see is the Presidio of San Francisco in the United States, periodical ranked Hyderabad, India at 2nd position on the list – in the December 2014-January 2015 issue. Comprised of twenty places, the list features everything from Corsica to Argentina’s Esteros del Iberá .
The list, where to travel to in 2015 includes places around the world such as Zermatt, Switzerland, National Mall, Washington, D.C., and Corsica.
Herewith, the international travel publication ranked top 20 destinations based on criteria such as timeliness, culture, sustainability, authenticity, and superlativity.
2015 National Geographic Traveler’s top 20 destinations to visit – must-see places in the world:
1. The Presidio, San Francisco – FROM SPANISH CONQUISTADORES TO STAR WARS
2. Hyderabad, India – A DIAMOND IS FOREVER
3. Zermatt, Switzerland – PEAK OF PERFECTION
4. National Mall, Washington, D.C. – THE GREAT UNFINISHED WORK
5. Corsica – NAPOLEON’S SOULFUL ISLAND HOME
6. Choquequirao, Peru – THE OTHER MACHU PICCHU
7. Sark, Channel Islands – TRADITION’S LAST STAND
8. Koyasan, Japan – LET THERE BE ENLIGHTENMENT
9. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma – PRIDE OF THE PLAINS
10. Maramureş, Romania – BOLDLY OLD WORLD
11. Mergui Archipelago, Myanmar – ROLLING IN THE DEEPS
12. Esteros del Iberá, Argentina – REALM OF THE JAGUAR
13. Tunis, Tunisia – NEW SPARK IN NORTH AFRICA\
14. Sea Islands, South Carolina – PATHWAY TO A FORGOTTEN PAST
15. Taiwan – OUT OF CHINA’S SHADOW
16. Medellín, Colombia – FAMOUS FOR FLOWERS. YES, FLOWERS
17. Haida Gwaii, British Columbia – THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE
18. Mont St. Michel, France – FAITH AND A FEAT OF HUMAN GENIUS
19. Mornington Peninsula, Australia – EAT, DRINK, PLAY, REPEAT
20. Port Antonio, Jamaica – BLITHE SPIRITS IN PARADISE