Logentries, Log monitoring And Management Startup Raises 7.4 Million Euros: Andrew Burton Named CEO
Logentries, a start-up which helps companies track their application logs, has raised 7.4 million euros ($10 million) in Series A funding led by Polaris Venture Partners, with participation from Frontline Ventures, Floodgate, and RRE Ventures.
Co-founded by Dr Trevor Parsons and Dr Viliam Holub, Logentries expects the new funding will be used to accelerate development of its product as well as commercialization efforts.
Floodgate is a new investor in Logentries, a service provider for collecting and analysing huge quantities of machine-generated log data, while Polaris Venture Partners and the other participating firms provided a $1 million seed round in 2012.
It also named LogMeIn veteran Andrew Burton as it’s new president and chief executive officer. Founded in 2010, Logentries has more than 1,000 customers across 100 countries.
⇉ Logentries | Press Release | Polaris Venture Partners
“With big data transforming businesses of all kinds, Logentries lets customers focus on the data that matter most, the less than 1pc of log entries that contain the game-changing information that’s hidden among the other 99pc,” said Burton.
“I’m excited to join the Logentries team where our goal is to harness the power of log data and make it accessible to anyone.”
Founded in 2010, Logentries emerged from University College Dublin’s (UCD) Performance Engineering Laboratory after a decade of joint research with IBM. With support from Launchpad, UCD’s Nova Innovation Centre and financial support from Enterprise Ireland, Logentries was incubated in Dogpatch Labs, Dublin.
You may also be interested in:
- 25 of the world’s best hotels for blissful vacationing of 2015 Based on traveler reviews, Tripadvisor, one of the largest travel site, has announced the winners of its 2015 Travelers' Choice: World's top 25 hotels, which ranks the planet's best […] Posted in Leadership, CEO Insider
- Mobile Commerce: The Way Of The Future Is Now It was a long time coming. But finally, it needs to be said. Mobile is here for good. As mobile browsers eclipses desktop browsers, not having a business plan to attract mobile shoppers […] Posted in Leadership
- Notoriously Expensive: List Of America’s Richest Cities To Live As the U.S. economy continues to recover, surprisingly, San Francisco topped a list of the America's richest cities, according to a new estimates by the USA Today. Which U.S. cities have […] Posted in Leadership, CEO Insider
- Are Rick and Kathy Hilton- Paris Hilton Parents broke? Rumors continue to mount on social media sites such as facebook and twitter today both Rick Hilton and Kathy Hilton were approved for the credit line of $10 million on their Bel Air […] Posted in Rankings
- How do you deal with interruptions and distractions at workplace? I know this is the most common challenge in any modern workplace. Distractions and interruptions happen, it's how you deal with them everyday that matters. So today, I’m going to share […] Posted in Leadership
- 50 Most powerful women in business based outside the United States, 2016 Banco Santander's boss Ana Botín is the most powerful woman in business based outside the United States, on 2016 prestigious list of lady bosses by Fortune magazine. State Bank of India […] Posted in Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.