Age does not seem to matter when you love what you do. The following CEOs remain in their positions even though they are over 70 years old.
- Warren Buffett, August 30, 1930 (age 91 years): He is considered the oldest head of a U.S.-listed firm. He is currently the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and of course, he is known as one of the most successful investors in the world. From an early age, he developed an interest in business and investments.
- Brian Charles Duperreault, May 8, 1947 (age 74 years): He has dedicated his life to the insurance industry. He is executive chairman and former CEO of AIG. He was born in Paget, Bermuda but when he was only 5 months old his mother decided to move to Trenton, New Jersey. Duperrreault holds a BS in mathematics from Saint Joseph’s University in Philadelphia. After a successful career in AIG he resigned in 1994 for a new position in ACE Limited, one of AIG’s competitors. There he became the Chairman, President, and CEO of ACE Limited. Steadily, stepped down from these three positions and in May 2006 Duperreault retired, becoming non-executive chairman of ACE. Although, he has retired, decided to come out of retirement due to his engagement with some more companies. In 2017 he returned to AIG where he currently serves as executive chairman of the board.
- Leslie Wexner, September 8, 1937 (age 84 years): He is the founder and chairman of L Brands, a business empire. L Brands is a clothing and fashion accessories retailer with headquarters in Columbus, Ohio. In 2019 the company reported revenues of almost 13 billion dollars.
- Rupert Murdoch, March 11, 1931 (age 90 years): He was born in Australia and he currently serves as the Chairman of Fox Corporation. All his life is connected with the media sector. From an early age he showed his love for newspapers and editing since he was a partner at his school’s official journal.
- Nobutsugu Shimizu, April 18, 1926 (age 95 years): He is the founder of Life Corp. and stepped down from his position last May. Till then he was the oldest head of a listed company in Japan. He was six decades in charge.
- Frederick Smith, August 11, 1944 (age 77 years): He was born in Marks, Mississippi, U.S. and he is best known as the Founder and CEO of FedEx. He founded Federal Express in 1971 with his $4 million inheritance. Soon the company expanded and in 2009 his total compensation reached 7.740.658 dollars.
- Martin Sorrell, February 14, 1945 (age 76 years): He is the founder of WPP plc, the world’s largest advertising and PR group. Till April 2018, when he left the company, Sorrell was the longest-serving chief executive of a FTSE 100 company. But he didn’t stop his business plans. He continued making valuable purchases in the business sector. It is worth mentioning that he is also known for being consistently one of the UK’s highest-paid corporate executives.
- Li Ka-shing, July 29, 1928 (age 93 years): He is a well-known entrepreneur with a portfolio from a wide range of industries including transportation, real estate, financial services, retail, and energy. He owns the Cheung Kong Holdings company which holds an important position in the Hong Kong economy. According to Forbes, Li Ka – shing in 2021 gained again his prime position as Hong Kong’s richest person, with his net assets topping US$35.40 billion.
- Michael Bloomberg, February 14, 1942 (age 79 years): His fortune is about 58 million dollars and he is considered the 9th richest person in the USA. He started his business career in 1973 as a partner of Salomon Brothers but after some years he founded his own technological company. Its name was Innovative Market Systems but in 1987 changed to Bloomberg LP. By 1990 the company had installed 8000 terminal transmitters. Over the years, ancillary products such as Bloomberg News, Bloomberg Message and Bloomberg Tradebook were released.
- Alan B. Miller (August 17, 1937 – age 84 years): He is the founder of Universal Health Services, and currently serves as the company’s chairman and CEO. The company provides hospital and healthcare services. The headquarters is in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania. In 2020, its annual revenues were $11.6 billion.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: email@example.com