Steve Jobs, chairman, CEO and co-founder of Apple died in 2011. Until the end of his life he was an inspiration but also an example for many people.
At a young age he left the college where he was studying because he thought that it did not give him the direction he wanted to follow in his life. In addition, he felt bad that he was spending his parents’ money. When he made this decision he felt scared but in the course of his life he found that it was one of his best initiatives.
Then he decided to go and study calligraphy, something he eventually liked a lot. A few years later, when he was designing the first Macintosh computer, he recalled calligraphy lessons. And he used Mac to apply everything he had learned. This was the first computer to have calligraphy. If he had not taken that particular course, the Macintosh would never have had many fonts or letter sizes.
Jobs used to say that one can not predict his course in life but in order to appreciate his achievements must look back. He considered it important for people to have self-confidence and to believe that their steps somehow lead them to their future. He believed that people should trust something or someone. Their instinct, fate, karma, life, does not matter. This view never disappointed him and determined his life.
He was one of the most successful businessmen. Let’s remember some of his inspiring quotes, really useful to every individual in order to live the life of his dreams.
- “When you grow up you are taught that the world is the way it is and you should live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. That’s a very limited life. Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact: Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you. And you can change it, you can influence it… Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again”.
- “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart”.
- “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected”.
- “Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains”.
- “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations”.
- “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary”.
- “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful… that’s what matters to me”.
A crucial moment in his life was when he was diagnosed with cancer. Doctors told him he would not live more than three to six months and advised him to settle all his pending matters. Referring to an earlier speech he had said that always remembering that he would soon die was the best help to make the right decisions in his life. If a person keeps in mind that one day will die is probably the best way to avoid the trap of thinking he has something to lose.Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org