With an incredible US$192.2 billion fortune, Bernard Arnault, the boss of Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH), is now reportedly the world’s wealthiest man, placing him above Amazon boss Jeff Bezos who is said to be worth US$187 billion.
Elon Musk, the head of Tesla, is said to be the third wealthiest man in the world. Musk is thought to be worth US$156.4 billion, according to the publication.
Bernard Arnault’s name may be new to some, but the French tycoon has been one of the top 5 wealthiest people globally since 2018 and has been a billionaire for well over a decade.
He oversees an empire that includes many iconic French luxury brands, including; Christian Dior, Givenchy, Marc Jacobs, Stella McCartney, Loro Piana, Kenzo, Celine, Fenty, Princess Yachts, and Bulgari. His luxury group, LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy), also spans wines and spirits, perfumes and cosmetics, watches and jewellery, and hospitality industries. In January 2021, LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton completed a deal for Tiffany & Co for nearly $16 billion, in what is possibly the largest luxury brand acquisition in history.
Here are the 10 wealthiest individuals worldwide
- Bernard Arnault (US$192.2 billion)
- Jeff Bezos (US$187 billion)
- Elon Musk (US$156.4 billion)
- Bill Gates (US$126.8 billion)
- Mark Zuckerberg (US$119.2 billion)
- Warren Buffett (US$109.5 billion)
- Larry Page (US$102.8 billion)
- Larry Ellison (US$102.7 billion)
- Sergey Brin (US$99.6 billion)
- Francoise Bettencourt Meyers (US$89.5 billion)