Are you ready for this? It seems like the most popular car in America isn’t even American made. And neither is number 2 on the list! How did this happen? Who won the number 1 spot for the most popular car in America for the first half of 2020? Read on and find out!
So we will start with a hint… Both top models come from the same foreign country. Can you guess what they are? What if we tell you they both come from Japan?
According to Pretected.com which is one of the largest insurance comparison websites in the US, the most popular car in America for 2020 is the Toyota Camry, followed by the Honda Accord in second place. In third place, we can find the good old Ford F-150.
So how did the two most popular cars in America become Japanese models? In the last decade, the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA) that includes a crazy amount of well-known brands (Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Mazda, Subaru, Yamaha, Kawasaki, are you still breathing?) has invested billions of dollars in convincing the US drivers to drive Japanese cars. As well as opening many local manufacturing plants. And it seems like it’s paying off.
Knowing all this, we have to remember that we can’t take the red, white, and blue away from American drivers. The Media blitz of recent years struggles to compete against decades of American history driving American made cars. So although the two most popular models come from overseas, let’s use Pretected to find out who are the top 10 most popular car makers overall in America for 2020:
10. GMC – Compared to its Chevrolet siblings, the GMC brand commands more respect among some buyers, and is known for its more premium interiors on higher trims. GMC offers plenty of SUV and truck options for consumers who want a slightly more upscale experience compared to similar Chevrolets, like the compact Terrain crossover and the popular Sierra trucks.
9. Jeep – The Jeep Cherokee still remains one of the most popular SUVs in America, as well as a best-seller in the Jeep brand lineup. It was named after the Cherokee tribe of North American Indians and can easily be spotted on roadways across the country.
8. KIA – Kia Motors is South Korea’s second-largest automobile manufacturer following Hyundai. For the past five consecutive years, it has been recognized by J.D. Power as one of the highest-ranked mass-market brands in initial quality in the US.
7. Hyundai – Hyundai’s Ulsan Factory in South Korea is the automotive manufacturing plant that produces the most cars in the world – around 1.6 million cars each year! After 34 years in the U.S. automobile market, Hyundai continues to reinforce its commitment to sell innovative, high-quality vehicles at the most affordable prices.
6. Dodge – Dodge is an American brand manufactured today by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles. It is one of America’s oldest and most recognizable brands (under Chrysler) and its vehicles are based on old-fashioned American values such as size, power, and style.
5. Honda – In the US, Honda opened its first storefront office in Los Angeles in 1959. Today, the Honda Accord is the second-most popular car in America as many have said it to be dependable and sturdy. The Honda Civic was also highly ranked within the top five this year and is typically preferred by younger drivers and commuters who do not need the cargo space of larger sedans and SUVs.
4. Nissan – Producing the fourth place on America’s most popular cars list – the Nissan Altima, a stylish mid-size sedan with the comfort and features that families need. In 2014, Nissan was the largest car manufacturer in North America and today is the world’s largest electric vehicle manufacturer.
3. Toyota – The 2 most popular Toyota models in America this year are the Camry and Corolla, especially preferred in Seattle and Portland. It’s easy to see why these cars are such a crowd-pleaser in America’s northern parts, given its dependability in snow and in other adverse weather conditions. The iconic favorable Toyota Corolla is one of the most long-lived model lines, having first been introduced in 1966 and it isn’t going away any time soon.
2. Ford – The F150, Ford Focus, Ford Fusion, Ford Escape, and Ford Explorer are the best selling Ford models in America this year. The Explorer is the most costly vehicle on the list but despite its price, it remains one of the most popular vehicles on the market. The Ford Focus remains a favorite among many Americans and is one of the most affordable cars on the list. Ford is one of those companies that’s a household name, and it’s recognized by people all around the world.
1. Chevrolet – The iconic Chevrolet was found as the most popular vehicle manufacturer across the United States! They have been around for over a century and they continue to create outstanding vehicles to this day. The Chevrolet Malibu is the longest-standing model line on the list, having first been introduced in 1964, a testament to this car’s enduring popularity. The Chevy Silverado is the most popular model from Chevrolet for many years including 2020.
The information is based on over a million drivers who were looking to insure their car with Pretected.com.
Have you read?
World’s Best Universities.
Luxury Superyacht charter in Greece and the Greek Islands.
The World’s Best Luxury Superyacht Charters And Builders.
Crewed MegaYacht charter in Greece and the Greek Islands.