London is one of the most diverse cities in the world and as a result boasts one of the most eclectic dining scenes, providing the residents and tourists with a plethora of amazing eateries to choose from.
Here are some of the most-posh ones:
- Lecture Room & Library at Sketch: Occupying what used to be the Headquarters of Christian Dior, this place is elegant and trendy. In a plush setting of studded ivory leather walls, ornate plasterwork ceilings, and rich furnishings in purple and crimson, diners can choose between a seven-course tasting menu or a full a la carte menu. Yes, wine lovers, it does have an extremely impressive list of some expensive vintages to offer.
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsey: Amalgamating intimate ambiance, unmatched service and contemporary elegance, this is a must for the gourmands. Ever since the opening, this restaurant has been adhering to providing diners with high quality. The menu prides itself on the blend of superb ingredients and sublime flavors.
- Alain Ducasse at the Dorchester: Set deep inside The Dorchester, the dining room’s cascading string curtains, stone-grey monolithic room dividers, and unobtrusive chill-out beats all create a pleasing space. This place offers unrivaled contemporary French cuisine and impeccable service. A modern, light, and elegantly informal setting complement the restaurant’s forward-thinking approach to haute cuisine. The wine list packs in some serious A-list labels, with three tiers of pairings for the tasting menu.
- 100 Wardour Street at Soho: This place is split into two, upstairs is a stylish central bar adding glamour to an otherwise hard-edged industrial cool space and down the iconic staircase is a raised dining area to the right. The restaurant offers some enlivening richly flavored dishes. This destination other than being good at offering quality dishes on plates is also dominated by lively music, cocktails, and an upbeat atmosphere.
- Island Grill: It prides itself on its sustainable cuisine that mixes traditional English fare with modern European influences and is one of the best posh restaurants in London to dine in. The menu will not disappoint your palate with its options. Their meals and unparalleled service will leave you coming back for more.