Mystical lands, aromatic food, mythological breeze, the horizon of forts- all these are possible at the same place only in Asia. Right from the inception of oldest Indus Valley Civilization, Asia has been the home for mystic musings, breathtaking stories, and architectural marvels.
A lot of explorers are setting foot in Asia to dig deeper into the realms of life, the powerful stories, and exciting aspects of history. 2019 has been a year of exploration into the ancient past for many travelers, and on that note, we bring you the list of historical marvels to visit in Asia this year!
- The Great Wall of China, China: Occupying a timeless spot in the list, this marvel speaks for itself. A meandering string of walls and fortifications that run along 3,000 miles is undoubtedly a wonder. The world’s longest wall is also a heaven for landscapes and beauty. Being an ancient man-made wonder, the destination attracts global tourists almost 365 days a year.
- Taj Mahal, Agra, India: As an eternal symbol of his love towards his wife Mumtaz, Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan constructed this tomb made entirely of white marble. The chiseled stones which make up the intricate designs were imported from Turkish lands those days. Marked as the UNESCO’s world heritage site, Taj Mahal shines like a valuable diamond in the moonlight. One can never forget the breathtaking view of the monument just entering into the main entrance of the place.
- Petra, Jordan: A perfect example of rock-cut architecture, Petra is one of the highly regarded historical marvels in Jordan. This Arab nation was a raging home for ancient Nabateans, a nomadic tribe that is expert in trading. Incidentally, the Nabateans are also extremely skilled in engineering and constructed a walled-city from a rock. It would be great to know that Petra was one of those locations which were shot in Hollywood’s blockbuster series Indiana Jones.
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia: Regarded as the esteemed national symbol of Cambodia, Angkor Wat is a fantastic temple in the region. With the intricate carvings, detailing and being in a wide area as much as 208 hectares, it wouldn’t be surprising to know Angkor Wat is a UNESCO world heritage site. The ancient breeze that surrounds this temple can only be experienced but cannot be explained in words.
- Borobudur Temple, Java, Indonesia: Located in Java, Indonesia, Borobudur is the hottest attraction near Emerald the Equator. It is also renowned as the biggest Buddhist monument in the world and houses more than 500 statues of Buddha. Borobudur is was built in the 9th century by Sailendra Dynasty and a perfect example of Javanese Buddhist Architecture. In the year 1814, after centuries of harsh neglect, it was discovered and restored from the mounds of volcanic ash.
- Qin’s Terracotta Army, Xi’an, China: One of the most astounding archaeological finds in history, this collection of clay-baked sculptures dates long back to 3rd century BC. These set of army official sculptures were supposed to guard the emperor after life and a perfect example of funerary art.
Have you read?
# Best CEOs In The World 2019: Most Influential Chief Executives.
# World’s Best Countries To Invest In Or Do Business For 2019.
# Countries With The Best Quality of Life, 2019.
# Most Startup Friendly Countries In The World.