Waterfalls are the greatest natural habitat to rejuvenate and add many refreshing senses to the soul. The splash of water, the sounds of chirping birds, and the lush greenery around are sure to bring up a fantastic transformation for the traveler. The most exceptional beauty of waterfalls is every destination has its exclusivity and uniqueness in appearance and also the vibe.
Asia, in particular, is known for wide versatility and diversity in terms of landscapes and locales. We bring you the list of breathtaking waterfalls in Asia for the global traveler:
- Huanlong Falls- China: Located in Sichuan province, this is a destination with naturally formed pools filled with sparkling turquoise water. A rare phenomenon, the surroundings are created with calcite deposits and is a breathtaking sight to look at. Either hike for four hours for an adventurous experience or take the cable car to travel more comfortably.
- Detian Waterfall in China, and Vietnam: The main waterfall stays at the Chinese part while the Bian Gioc waterfall belongs to Vietnam. The traveler can either visit either country’s side to get a unique experience. The Detian waterfall offers a spectacular view as mountains surround it. The 200-meter wide waterfall has a drop of more than 70 meters.
- Nuorilang Waterfall in China: Located 400 kilometers away from Chengdu, the capital of pandas, Nuorilang waterfall sits at an altitude of 2365 meters. And a height of 20 meters. It is also regarded as the widest waterfall in the region and surprisingly most underrated as well. So, expect a lesser crowd and hence more bliss and relaxation! Just above the waterfall, there is a lake which feeds the waterfalls and is an amazing natural spectacle. Visit this waterfall during the autumn season when the colors of nature changes making it a mesmerizing painting.
- Nohkalikai Falls, Cherrapunjee, Meghalaya, India: The tallest plunge waterfall in India, it is at the height of 340 meters. Located at Cherapunji, which has the longest rainfall throughout the year, Nohkalikai has a legendary mystical story surrounding its name. After re-marriage, the woman Ka Likai went to deep sorrow, and she jumped into the cliff, unable to bear the torment. The name means – Leap of Likai. Though the legend has a sadness associated is with it, the waterfall is immensely beautiful during the monsoon season.
- Elephant Falls, Shillong, Meghalaya, India: The waterfall had got its name when an Englishman spotted a giant rock resembling an elephant and the name continues. The local Khasi tribe calls it Ka Kshaid Lai Pateng Khohsiew. It is located about 7.5 miles away from the urban hustle-bustle of Shillong- the capital of Meghalaya.
- Bhagsu Waterfall, McLeod Ganj, Dharamsala, Himachal Pradesh, India: This amazing waterfall is located in the pristine surroundings of Meoleod Ganj, a neighborhood of spiritual heaven Dharamsala. Along with the residence of Dalai Lama, the waterfall is located on a green slope near the famous Triund Trek.
- Tibumana Waterfall, Bangli, Bali, Indonesia: Being one of the hidden gems in Bali, the beautiful oasis is located in a dense jungle. The place is easy to reach from Ubud via motorcycle or car. It is a perfect waterfall to plunge for a swim, so don’t forget to pack your swimsuit beforehand!
Have you read it?
# Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2019.
# Best Business Schools In The World For 2019.
# Best Performing Arts Schools In The World, 2019.
# Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World For 2019.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: email@example.com