The United States has the privilege of some rich history and heritage and breathtaking monuments for the global traveler. The inspirational story of the USA’s struggle to independence and the progressive thought process of the inhabitants is one strong motivator for the global traveler to visit. For the history and heritage lovers, visiting monuments in USA is one of the top priorities in the bucket list. Here are the list of marvelous monument destinations in the The United States which would take you down the memory lane through the paths of history:
- Statue of Liberty: Lady Liberty sits off the bustling city New York welcoming the global visitors and residents with her flaming torch, broken chains and stark gaze. She also offers the best views of New York City from the top. This monument is considered to be one of the most iconic ones to visit in the world.
Location: Liberty Island, Manhattan, New York City, New York.
Dedicated: October 28, 1886
Sculptor: Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi
Also known as: Liberty Enlightening the World; La Liberté éclairant le monde.
- National World War II Memorial, Washington, D.C.: This is a must visit spot for world war II history lovers. Made out of 56 granite pillars (each 17 feet tall), fountain and two arches, it is a striking tribute to one of the remarkable events in history. No visit to Washington is complete without visiting this marvel.
Location: Washington, D.C.
Established: April 29, 2004
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park, San Francisco: With an amazing collection of historic boats, the San Fran Maritime Park is a great celebration of USA’s much forgotten early maritime history, featuring six major 19th and early 20th century boats along with 100 smaller vessels and great locations for open-air swimming.
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Washington, D.C: Though it was a lesser known monument because of its minimalism, the memorial remembers the war veterans of historic Vietnam war. Its high controversy has become an attractive factor for the visitors to get enthralled here.
- Grand Canyon: This majestic monument offers a breathtaking site where the stones are illuminated with sunlight. The historic monument offers worthwhile views after a strenuous hike among the mountains. A mile deep and 277 miles long, Grand Canyon offers once in a life time monument visit experience for the traveler.
- Lincoln Memorial: Abraham Lincoln is one inspiring American personality who has lived an exemplary life all through. His contributions to the making of USA into a global superpower cannot be forgotten. This iconic statue of Abraham Lincoln is one must visit monument for the history lover.
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area: It offers great entertainment with natural delights equipped with thousands of animal species and centuries of history spanning from Native American settlement of California to the bustling metropolis of the current day San Francisco. 13 million visitors arrive here every year!
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, California
Nearest city: San Francisco, California
Area: 331.95 km2
- Yosemite National Park: This is an unforgettable encounter with nature which is downright awe-inspiring. Huge cascading waterfalls, giant sequoia trees which are thousands of years old and the wilderness spread almost across 1,169 stunning square miles.
Location: Tuolumne, Mariposa, Mono, & Madera counties, California
Nearest city: Mariposa, California
Area: 3,028.81 km2
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org