Here Are The Top 6 Universities To Study Molecular Biology In 2019
Molecular biology refers to the in-depth study of science at a molecular level. Using a biological standpoint, molecular biologists discover new trends in the field which also affects industries like agriculture, horticulture, machinery and more. This degree can be pursued at a Bachelor’s and Master’s level and combines theoretical coursework with practical lessons that would make you thoroughly aware of its working, and establish a full-fledged career in the long run.
If you have a background in biological studies and are overwhelmed by cells and their developments and transformations, this degree is the right choice for you. Coupled with modern technology and a record of genetic maps of certain individuals, the coursework is designed to decipher the structure of macro-molecular nucleic acids. To pursue this degree at a Bachelor’s level, you must have a high-school degree and a GED equivalent.
A Master’s degree, on the other hand, requires a Bachelor’s certificate for the same and opens wider opportunities for unveiling the path towards microbiology. It provides more scope for progress, enabling the candidate or individual to delve into the research area of molecular biology, and also teach as a professor on a university level.
Some of the more popular universities that help you kick-start your career in this field are as follows:
- University of Turin, Italy – The University of Turin offers a Master’s degree in Microbiology by combining this discipline with Bioinformatics, Molecular Imaging and Drug Discovery. It helps meet the increasing demand of modern interdisciplinary approaches and provides you with a backed up career in the Life Sciences. The University of Turin has been ranked No. 285 in the world in the Top 500 Global Universities, according to the CEOWORLD magazine University Ranking 2019.
- University of California, Berkeley – The University of California offers a PhD in Molecular Biology. With a group of 53 faculty members in diverse fields, the students get an opportunity to explore multiple fields through an integrated program. You can take up a specialisation that caters to your interests, from the molecular to cellular level of biology. The University of California, Berkeley has been ranked No. 125 in the world in the Top 500 Global Universities, according to the CEOWORLD magazine University Ranking 2019.
- The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Greece: Founded on 3rd May 1837, the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens was the first university in the newly established modern Greek state, as well as in the Balkans and the Eastern Mediterranean region. The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens offers a Master’s Programme in Neurosciences. The purpose of the postgraduate program in Neurosciences is to provide high quality graduate education at the Master of Sciences (M.Sc.) level in the scientific field of neuroscience. The program only accepts maximum 25 full time students and 5 part-time students. The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens has been ranked No. 442 in the world in the Top 500 Global Universities, according to the CEOWORLD magazine University Ranking 2019.
- University of Algarve, Faro, Portugal – This university prepares you to apply biomedical approaches in different fields. By providing a comprehensive approach towards the molecular sciences, the University of Algarve ensures that your career can be utilized in the environmental, industrial and biomedical spheres of life.
- John Hopkins University, Maryland, United States – If you wish to undertake a ScM or PhD in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. John Hopkins University helps you to increase your knowledge on abnormal cell processes and guarantees a thorough course that will train you to become an eligible scientist. John Hopkins University has been ranked No. 14 in the world in the Top 500 Global Universities, according to the CEOWORLD magazine University Ranking 2019.
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong – The Hong Kong University builds up your career in Chemical Engineering, with a specialisation in molecular development, chemical processing, energy, materials and bioenergy. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology has been ranked No. 14 in the world in the Top 500 Global Universities, according to the CEOWORLD magazine University Ranking 2019.
Besides this, you can also apply for a Doctorate (MPhil) in Molecular Biology. The career options are unlimited, ranging from several in-house or desk jobs as laboratory assistants, teachers, technical writers and researchers to a molecular biologist in a hospital or science laboratory. Even though the profession is small, with around 8% of predicted growth between 2014-2024, this career option has its own perks, including a salary range between $58,620 and $115,640 for biologists and biochemists.
The most popular universities for a degree in Molecular Biology in 2019 are as follows:
- Yale University
- Columbia University
- Brown University
- University of Mississippi
- University of Nottingham
- Michigan State University
- University of Toronto
- University of Pennsylvania
- Cornell University
- Baylor College of Medicine
Choose the perfect career for yourself and contribute to the growth of this field as an emerging career, for many aspirants in the future. Some of the top recruiters for cognitive science majors are:
- US San Diego
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Planned Systems International
Have you read?
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Physical Science Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Psychology Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Arts and Humanities Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Education Degrees, 2019.
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com