The 20 Most Expensive Luxury Clothing Brands For 2018
Economists might predict recession, inflation or anything affecting the economy but the luxury clothing industry has remained a high growth sector and performed as an ever-expanding market. A North American market estimated the value of the luxury market to be $ 290 billion in 2016.
Here, we have researched and discussed the top 20 most expensive luxury clothing brands that create havoc in the market for 2018.
- Ralph Lauren: Are you fond of Polo shirts, silk gowns, and fashion statement ties? Perhaps the American fashion of the late ‘60’s will be recollected only for one cause, and that’s Ralph Lauren. He set his foot in the fashion industry being inspired by Polo and then he designed for various athletic events like the US Open, Olympics and Wimbledon. The brand represents the aura of style and timeless classic fashion.
- Giorgio Armani: The foundation for this label was set by Giorgio Armani and Sergio Galeotti in the year 1975. The brand flourished as one of the greatest Moguls of the fashion industry which received recognition after Richard Gere wore his piece in 1980 in the film, Gigolo. The first haute couture line walked in 2005 and since then the business extended to 200 stores across the globe. Armani is just a statement of its own.
- Dolce & Gabbana: This is an Italian brand, founded in 1985 by Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana. D&G has been the forerunner in the industry of fashion business due to its glamorous signature designs. The designs emphasize versatile fashion trends tailored to perfection. There is always something for someone.
- Dior: Christian Dior, the French designer, is the mastermind behind this leading brand, which was established in 1946. Dior is the foremost designer for women, and also runs a separate label for men known as Dior Homme. Dior is an icon of luxurious elitists which implies wealth and power. They have a strong market presence and well-known for handbags, footwear, cosmetics, and accessories.
- Fendi: Fendi is a leading Italian brand known for fur and fur accessories. The brand which is the brainchild of Adele Casagrande was started in 1918 in a small shop in Rome. Fendi has been the pioneer in popularizing the concept of fur as fabric for the wealthy. The brand has successfully converted the old trends to contemporary ones. A person wearing a Fendi brand can be easily spotted among the crowd, such is the craze for the brand.
- Burberry: Burberry, started in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, has been a pacesetter in the fashion industry, especially by the privileged youth. The London based brand has several branches in the field of clothing, footwear, leather goods and has 500 stores in 50 countries. Wearing Burberry is considered a signature status and indicates the difference between individuals.
- Chanel: The eponymous brand has taken its name from the French designer, Coco Chanel. The Chanel suit which is a collarless jacket along with body-hugging skirt was basically a major contributor and brought the brand to highlight. The product range is from hot couture to all accessories. The brand values stay at an astounding 7 million dollars.
- Prada: It is the brainchild of Italian designer Miuccia Prada. The fashion house is budding from Milan and spreads to Italy. Besides clothing, the business is also focused on leather goods, hand-stitched suitcase, and footwear for wealthy clients. Prada launched lien of affordable clothing and then stretched to Prada mobiles by partnering with LG. The brand value stands at $9.4 million.
- Gucci: The foundation of the brand was laid by Guccio Gucci in 1920 in Florence, Italy. When established in 1921, Gucci sold extravagant crafts and leather goods. When it rose to success, it made its mark as one of the most successful fashion brands. Gucci is known for doing regular charity with UNICEF. With a net worth of $ 7billion, this is one of the established fashion brands in the world.
- Hermes: The brand was founded in 1837 by Thierry Hermes. It’s said that every piece is created by one artisan from the beginning till end resulting in a flawless piece. Not only clothing, but Hermes has also been able to create a record in handbag business. The costliest bag entitled to this brand has been sold at $203,150. Many celebrities including Kanye West, Heidi Klum, and Kim Kardashian have considered the brand labeled as one of the worth in handbag business. The net worth of the brand is $ 19.2 billion.
- Calvin Klein: The brand is established by Calvin Klein, the famous designer in 1968. The brand started with perfumes, but soon entered the fashion line and the forerunner in women and men’s fashion. Starting from designer wear, winter collection and ending in casuals, the brand has proved its worth and made a difference with any person sporting it. The brand’s purely iconic underwear collection is worth 100 million dollars annual sale.
- Louis Vuitton: The brand Louis Vuitton, is established by Louis Vuitton, who’s a French designer and also an entrepreneur. His first work received acclaim in 1872, after the launch of trunk design featured in beige canvas and red stripes. The brand has its presence in over 200 stores. Well-known elite Hollywood celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Angeline Jolie often quote the brand to be their favorite. The net worth of the brand value stands at $ 28 billion.
- Versace: It’s an Italian luxury fashion brand founded by Gianni Versace in 1978. It dominates the European and US market in ready-to-wear Italian accessories. Versace, the rock n roll designer, is known for designing for famous personalities like Elton John and Michael Jackson. Princess of Wales, Princess Carolina of Monaco also prefers Versace collection. The net worth of the group is $ 300 million.
- Martin Rose: Although it started as a men’s fashion brand, it turned to a unisex dressing. With more designer clothes under its name, the brand showcases men’s and women’s clothing together. If you are looking out for extreme wide leg trousers and contemporary pants with a modern twist, Martin Rose should be the brand of your choice.
- Le Kilt: The brand was founded in 2014 by Samantha McCoach, granddaughter of a Scottish kilt maker. If you are looking for crisp white pleats, silky wrap blouse, lilac knits or ponyskin, you should stick to this brand for all types of traditional shopping.
- Paul Smith: Signature suits made by Smith have earned him the status of being the godfather of classic tailoring. Apart from being custom-made for interviews, weddings, and funerals, they are also used as a light summer/spring collection. It’s made from high twist wool, and it springs back to scrunching, which is available in damson, navy, bottle green, and turquoise colors.
- Self Portrait: The mission of Central Saint Martin’s alumnus is to provide women’s wear which is accessible by being a special one. Cocktail dresses are made where the label actually excels, but shirts, lace skirts, and smart trousers are an alternative to party wears. The bridal collection offers ivory gowns with interesting cuts.
- Roland Mouret’s: It’s already been 20 years since the first collection delivered a catwalk along the ramp. Many notables were dressed with his collection; Reese Witherspoon, Dita Von Teese being among them, its galaxy dress was a sensation in 1995. You may look for tailored jumpsuits, classic pencil skirts, and other fantabulous collections.
- John Smedley: Although founded in 1784, this Derbyshire knitwear is still on the way for classic sweaters, and now has made fashion led skirts and dresses to the bargain. Collaborated with London designers, many designs of the brand have won the heart of men and women whoever has seen the collection.
- Margaret Howell: Being a stalwart of British fashion since 1970, designer Margaret Howell uses fabrics inspired by landscape for designing her line of clothing. Tweed and linen are the main components of her utilitarian garments. The recent season, her collection is inspired from shades of pink, deep camellia, and rich earthy brown.
Well, luxury brand clothing is already in demand and will remain so, quite undisturbed by any economic turbulence.
Latest posts by Arindom Ghosh
- The Top 20 Fashion Brands 2018 - October 1, 2018
- Most Wanted Luxury Hotels In The United States For Its Hi-End Travelers - September 12, 2018
- The 20 Most Expensive Luxury Clothing Brands For 2018 - September 12, 2018