But who is Jeff Bezos? What is his net worth?
To say Amazon chief Jeff Bezos is wealthy is an understatement. Jeff Bezos recently topped Forbes magazine’s annual billionaire’s list, surpassing other heavyweights like Investor Warren Buffet, Microsoft’s Bill Gates, and French luxury magnate Bernard Arnault.
The Amazon chief becomes the first person ever to head the list with a 12-figure fortune estimated at $112 billion. And became the first ever centi-billionaire.
But who is Jeff Bezos and what is his net worth?
Here’s all you need to know about Jeff Bezos: Jeff Bezos is the CEO, chairman, and founder of Amazon, the world’s largest online retailer.
Bezos was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico on January 12, 1964. He was raised mostly in Houston. He graduated from Princeton University in 1986 with degrees in computer science and electrical engineering.
- Born: January 12, 1964 (age 54)
- Birthplace: Albuquerque, New Mexico, US
- Alma mater: Princeton University
- Known for: Amazon and spaceflight company Blue Origin
- Wife: MacKenzie Bezos, an American novelist.
What is Jeff Bezos’s net worth?
According to Forbes magazine, Jeff Bezos’s net worth is estimated to be a staggering $112 billion, making him the world’s richest person. According to the CEOWORLD magazine’s Rich List Index, Jeff Bezos’s net worth is estimated to be a staggering $130 billion.
According to the Bloomberg Billionaire Index, Jeff Bezos’ net worth just hit $131 billion, up a whopping $32.3 billion thus far in 2018. According to the Forbes magazine’s World’s Billionaires Index, Jeff Bezos’s net worth is estimated to be a staggering $130.5 billion (as of 3/12/18.) According to the Hurun Global Rich List 2018, Jeff Bezos’s net worth is estimated to be a staggering $123 billion.
What is Jeff Bezos’s annual salary?
As Per Salary.com, Bezos’s salary of $1.68 million ($1,681,840), while impressive in its own right, comprises just a minuscule portion of his mammoth net worth.
Who is Jeff Bezos’s wife?
Jeff Bezos’s wife is MacKenzie Bezos. The couple has been married since 1993 and have four children together: three sons and one daughter.
The TOP 25 RICHEST BILLIONAIRES IN THE WORLD:
The 2018 Forbes billionaires list is comprised of many familiar faces. Bill Gates, another longtime member of the billionaires’ club, placed 2nd on the list with a whopping $90 billion net-worth. Warren Buffet, the ‘Oracle of Omaha,’ was 3rd with an $84 billion net-worth.
French luxury magnate Bernard Arnault and his family were 4rth on the list with a $72 billion net worth while Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg was 5th on the list with a $71 billion net worth.
Amancio Ortega, Carlos Slim Helu and his family, Charles Koch, David Koch and Larry Ellison all rounded out the top ten of the list.
1. Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO – $112billion
2. Bill Gates, Microsoft founder – $90billion
3. Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway CEO – $84billion
4. Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH – $72billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO, $71billion
6. Amancio Ortega, Inditex co-founder, $70billion
7. Carlos Slim Helu, America Movil, $67.1billion
8. Charles Koch, Koch Industries, $60billion
9. David Koch, Koch Industries, $60billion
10. Larry Ellison, Oracle, $58.5billion
11. Michael Bloomberg, Bloomberg, $50billion
12. Larry Page, Google co-founder, $48.8billion
13. Sergey Brin, Google co-founder, $47.5billion
14. Jim Walton, son of Walmart founder Sam Walton, $46.4billion
15. S. Robson Walton, former Walmart chairman, $46.2billion
16. Alice Walton, Walmart heir and art collector, $46billion
17. Ma Huateng, CEO of Tencent Holdings, $45.3billion
18. Francoise Bettencourt Meyers, L’Oreal heiress, $42.2billion
19. Mukesh Ambani, CEO of Reliance Industries, $40.1billion
20. Jack Ma, CEO of Alibaba, $39billion
21. Sheldon Adelson, CEO of Las Vegas Sands, $38.5billion
22. Steve Ballmer, Microsoft co-founder, $38.4billion
23. Li Ka-shing, head of CK Asset Holdings, $34.9billion
24. Hui Ka Yan, CEO of China Evergrande Group of Shenzhen, $30.3billion
25. Lee Shau Kee, co-founder of Sun Hung Kai, $30.3billion
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 150 Colleges And Universities For Employability, 2018: Harvard, Caltech, MIT, Cambridge, And Stanford Tops - November 16, 2018
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018