With a total wealth of $3 trillion, New York, the economic hub of the United States, became the wealthiest city in the world, according to the New World Wealth.
London followed America’s financial capital, New York, with a total wealth of $2.7 trillion — Tokyo (3rd, $2.5 trillion), San Francisco Bay area (4th, $2.3 trillion), and Beijing in China (5th, $2.2 trillion), says a report.
Others in the top 10 richest cities around the globe list include: Shanghai (6th, $2 trillion), Los Angeles (7th, $1.4 trillion), Hong Kong (8th, $1.3 trillion), Sydney in Australia (9th, $1 trillion), and Singapore (10th, $1 trillion).
The total wealth of a city includes the private wealth of all individuals in the city. The government funds are excluded from the figures.
Additionally, Chicago was ranked 11th on the list with $988 billion wealth, followed by India’s financial capital Mumbai (12th richest city in the world) – with a total wealth of $950 billion. Surprisingly though, Paris came in 15th with $860 billion.
The leaders running the biggest cities in the world are competing to label their city the “next Silicon Valley.”
From New York to Singapore, London to Mumbai, there’s a race to create the “next Silicon Valley” that will lure the very best minds and investors with the deepest pockets.
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.
The 15 richest cities in the world:
- New York (United States): $3 trillion
- London (United Kingdom): $2.7 trillion
- Tokyo (Japan): $2.5 trillion
- San Francisco Bay area (United States): $2.3 trillion
- Beijing (China): $2.2 trillion
- Shanghai (China): $2 trillion
- Los Angeles (United States): $1.4 trillion
- Hong Kong: $1.3 trillion
- Sydney (Australia): $1 trillion
- Singapore: $1 trillion
- Chicago (United States): $988 billion
- Mumbai (India): $944 billion
- Toronto (Canada): $944 billion
- Frankfurt (Germany): $912 billion
- Paris (France): $860 billion