World’s 15 Richest Cities In 2017: New York, London, And Tokyo, Tops List
With a total wealth of $3 trillion, New York, the economic hub of the United States, became the wealthiest city in the world, according to the New World Wealth.
London followed America’s financial capital, New York, with a total wealth of $2.7 trillion — Tokyo (3rd, $2.5 trillion), San Francisco Bay area (4th, $2.3 trillion), and Beijing in China (5th, $2.2 trillion), says a report.
Others in the top 10 richest cities around the globe list include: Shanghai (6th, $2 trillion), Los Angeles (7th, $1.4 trillion), Hong Kong (8th, $1.3 trillion), Sydney in Australia (9th, $1 trillion), and Singapore (10th, $1 trillion).
The total wealth of a city includes the private wealth of all individuals in the city. The government funds are excluded from the figures.
Additionally, Chicago was ranked 11th on the list with $988 billion wealth, followed by India’s financial capital Mumbai (12th richest city in the world) – with a total wealth of $950 billion. Surprisingly though, Paris came in 15th with $860 billion.
The leaders running the biggest cities in the world are competing to label their city the “next Silicon Valley.”
From New York to Singapore, London to Mumbai, there’s a race to create the “next Silicon Valley” that will lure the very best minds and investors with the deepest pockets.
The 15 richest cities in the world:
- New York (United States): $3 trillion
- London (United Kingdom): $2.7 trillion
- Tokyo (Japan): $2.5 trillion
- San Francisco Bay area (United States): $2.3 trillion
- Beijing (China): $2.2 trillion
- Shanghai (China): $2 trillion
- Los Angeles (United States): $1.4 trillion
- Hong Kong: $1.3 trillion
- Sydney (Australia): $1 trillion
- Singapore: $1 trillion
- Chicago (United States): $988 billion
- Mumbai (India): $944 billion
- Toronto (Canada): $944 billion
- Frankfurt (Germany): $912 billion
- Paris (France): $860 billion
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018
- World’s Top 10 Countries With The Most Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals, 2018 - November 9, 2018