How to Choose the Best Preowned Luxury Retailer Online
The buying of preowned luxury timepieces online is a booming business today. You’re in the market for a new watch, but with all the options available (eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Craigslist, specialty online retailers, etc.), you have no idea where to start.
When it comes to e-commerce, finding the best deal, the best options and the best overall experience can be difficult. Add to that the pretty penny you may be shelling out for your timepiece; it has to go smoothly.
If you’re wondering what to look for when on the hunt for a preloved luxury timepiece online, here are a few tips to help guide you to make the best decision:
Determine your budget.
First things first, you need to determine how much cash you’re willing to invest. If you’re new to the preowned luxury watch world and watching your budget, spending about one month’s salary on your first timepiece investment is common. To further your investment, consider renowned brands like Rolex, which retain and appreciate their value if purchased right.
Understand the true value of a preowned luxury watch.
Luxury watches are pieces of artwork. Watch brands such as Rolex are known for their quality and craftsmanship. Keep in mind, you’re getting what you pay for. Preowned luxury watches can last you years, and even have the ability to appreciate over time.
Understand the price of a luxury watch is influenced by, but not limited to, brand, model, style, age, condition and popularity. Once you define the luxury brand you’re interested in, and the budget, consider purchasing from online retailers that specialize in that brand. They’ll be able to be your best resource for education, maintenance and inventory.
Don’t settle for the first website you look into.
There is an abundance of sites that sell preowned luxury timepieces, some good and many bad. Do your homework. Read reviews, look into the seller’s policies and benefits for buyers, authenticity guarantees, check social media pages and compare prices.
Research return policies, location and even the owner’s back story (if available). When searching, stick to reputable sites. When it comes to eBay and Amazon, pay close attention to the seller. Is it a personal seller, or a business retailer? Look for reputable sellers that specialize in what you are buying. Business sellers are usually a safer bet than a private seller; if a business seller does not perform to the benefit of the buyer, the consequences are big.
A few other quick tips to ensure you’re not left with buyer’s remorse:
- Only buy from online retailers who offer a no-hassle, money-back guarantee. If you’re not happy with your purchase, you should be able to return it, no questions asked. If the online retailer genuinely cares about the customer and not just another sale, this will be a standard offering.
- Look for online preowned luxury retailers who offer a warranty on their timepieces.
- Best case scenario, find an online luxury retailer that creates added value for you as a long-term customer. At BeckerTime, we are so proud to offer our customers the Lifetime Tradeup Guarantee, allowing our customers to trade in their qualifying preowned Rolex purchased from BeckerTime.com for an upgraded model, a newer model, or just a different model from BeckerTime.
When it comes to buying a luxury timepiece online, be diligent with your search for the right preowned online luxury retailer. Find a retailer who cares about not only creating a great pre-sales relationship, but also one that maintains great relationships with its customers for years to come.
Latest posts by Matthew Becker
- 8 Tips to Become a Successful Online Retailer - August 16, 2017
- How to Choose the Best Preowned Luxury Retailer Online - July 27, 2017