Do you think we are rapidly headed into an exciting Mobile and Wireless future?
With a vast array of applications, devices and services, 2011 was a great year for mobile and wireless consumers, report says in 2011 number of mobile subscriptions surpassed the number of people. I can’t predict with precision, after a year of progress and development: The mobile future has arrived, where everything from household appliances including washing machines, clothes dryers, refrigerators, freezers, ice makers, ice machines, dishwashers, cooktops, ovens, ranges, stoves to garbage disposals will be connected wirelessly and being controlled y mobile devices. Do you think we are rapidly headed into an exciting Mobile and Wireless future?
Few 2011 Pointers:
- In the U.S., mobile subscriptions now outnumber the nation’s population
- One billion apps are downloaded worldwide each month
- 103 million tweets are sent via mobile devices every day
- There have been one billion check-ins on Foursquare to date
- 26 photos are uploaded to Instagram every second
- 8 trillion texts were sent in 2011
- 1800% increase in traffic on U.S. networks in four years
- 166% increase in Facebook Mobile users in the first half of 2011 alone
- More smartphones are purchased than PCs in the United States
- 2 billion networked mobile devices by 2015
The mobile advertising industry is projected to reach$4 billion in revenues in 2015, according to a report from research firm BIA/Kelsey. To put that into perspective, in 2010, mobile ad revenues reached $790 million—or roughly the same as Groupon’s revenue for 2010. By 2015, local mobile ads will grow to account for 70% of all mobile ads, generating $2.8 billion in revenues.
The analysis expects to see that number increase steadily over the next few years, approaching complete market penetration in 2013, when it predicts 96.7% market penetration, or 308.7 million mobile phone subscribers.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018
- World’s Top 10 Countries With The Most Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals, 2018 - November 9, 2018