Six Australian institutions were ranked among the world’s 100 top universities. The University of Melbourne and The University of Queensland were 38th and 55th, respectively, out of 1,200 universities surveyed in the 2018 Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU).
The University of Melbourne moved up 1 places from its 2017 ranking and was listed as Australia’s top university. The University of Sydney has placed 68th in the world and third in Australia, followed by the Australian National University, Monash University, and the University of Western Australia.
The ranking’s top 10 globally stayed the same as last year, The CEOWORLD magazine reported, with Harvard and Stanford at first and second followed by USKs Cambridge. Launched in 2003, ARWU has been published by the independent higher education consultancy ShanghaiRanking since 2009.
Top 6 Universities in Australia for 2018
1. The University of Melbourne (38)
2. The University of Queensland (55)
3. The University of Sydney (68)
4. The Australian National University (69)
5. Monash University (91)
6. The University of Western Australia (93)
Latest posts by Aimee Lee Webber
- 5 Unexpected Costs You Could Encounter Whilst Running A Business - September 20, 2018
- These Are The Top 10 U.S. Cities To Live If You’re Trying To Save Money, 2018 - September 13, 2018
- A Comprehensive Outline About Choosing Your Pool Fence - August 30, 2018