The global travel and tourism sector was responsible for the creation of 7 million new jobs worldwide in 2017, or One in five of all new jobs created globally, according to a new report by the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC). In 2017, travel and tourism sector’s impact accounted for:
1. $8.3 trillion contributions to the world’s GDP (10.4 percent of global GDP)
2. $882 billion investment (4.5 percent of total global investment)
3. 313 million jobs (1 in 10 jobs around the world)
4. $1.5 trillion exports (6.5 percent of total exports or 28.8 percent of global services exports)
Which countries will show the most robust growth in the overall contribution of Travel & Tourism GDP, 2018-2028?
India, currently the seventh largest tourism economy, is expected to establish itself as the 3rd largest travel and tourism economy by 2028 in terms of direct and total GDP, the growth will take place in terms of direct and total GDP. India will add nearly 10 million jobs in the travel and tourism sector by 2028.
The total number of jobs dependent directly or indirectly on the tourism industry will increase from 42.9 million in 2018 to 52.3 million in 2028.
The World’s 10 Largest Travel And Tourism Economies By 2028:
Travel and tourism to GDP, 2018-2028: Total GDP growth (2017 Constant US$bn)
1. China: 1,293.7
2. United States: 404.8
3. India: 240.6
4. Mexico: 75.6
5. Thailand: 73.1
6. Germany: 59.8
7. United Kingdom: 58.7
8. Indonesia: 53.7
9. Philippines: 53.4
10. Spain: 52.7
Which countries will show the most robust growth in the total contribution of Travel & Tourism to employment, 2018-2028?
Total employment growth JOBS:
1. China: 34,057,000
2. India: 9,381,000
3. Indonesia: 4,498,000
4. United States: 2,572,800
5. Thailand: 2,418,600
6. Mexico: 2,391,700
7. Philippines: 2,260,100
8. Nigeria: 1,606,300
9. Brazil: 1,323,200
10. Pakistan (the Islamic Republic): 1,020,500
CEOWORLD magazine would recommend using the following websites to find excellent yacht charter deals in the destinations that have made the lists – www.cosmos-yachting.de (German), www.cosmos-yachting.com, and www.aegean-luxury.com.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com