Algarve region of southern Portugal, was just named “the best place in the world to retire abroad” in 2017, according to Live and Invest Overseas Ranking. Meanwhile, Malta’s Valletta ranked No. 2 on the list, followed by Mazatlan in Mexico at No.3.
Rounding out the top 10: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (No.6); Lisbon, Portugal (No.7); Budapest, Hungary (No.8); San Miguel de Allende, Mexico (No.9); George Town, Malaysia (No.10).
The 12 highest-ranked destinations for retiring overseas in 2017
- Portugal’s Algarve Region
- Valletta, Malta
- Mazatlan, Mexico
- Abruzzo, Italy
- Saint-Chinian, France
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Lisbon, Portugal
- Budapest, Hungary
- San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
- George Town, Malaysia
- San Ignacio, Belize
- Citta Sant’Angelo, Italy
What do you consider the ideal overseas retirement destination? Let us know below or on Facebook.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Revealed: 5 Least Socially Inclusive Universities In The UK, 2018 - September 25, 2018
- Ranked: The Most (And The Least) Fun Cities In The United States For 2018 - September 24, 2018
- The 10 Best Cities To Live In The United States, 2018 Ranking - September 21, 2018