The 15 Highest-Paying U.S. Cities For Information Security Professionals, 2016
It may come as a surprise that Minneapolis is the highest-paying city in America for information security professionals when taking into account the cost of living, according to the 2016 ranking by Indeed, the job search and company review site.
An information security specialist in Minneapolis make an “adjusted salary” of $127,757 a year, after looking at data on salaries as well as cost-of-living expenses. Seattle, home to tech giants such as Microsoft, Amazon, and Twitter, ranked No. 2 on the highest-paying list. The top 5 highest-paying U.S. cities on the list were Minneapolis, Minnesota; Seattle, Washington; San Francisco, California; Dallas, Texas; and Denver, Colorado.
Underpaid? Here are the 15 highest-paying U.S. cities for information security professionals:
Minneapolis ranks No. 1 on list of highest-paying cities in America for information security professionals.
|Rank||City||State||Average salary (adjusted)||Average salary (unadjusted)|
|8||Salt Lake City||Utah||$106,207||$105,889|
|9||New York||New York||$102,271||$131,623|
|12||Washington||District of Columbia||$92,191||$114,951|
You may also be interested in:
- Mistakes you’re making while looking for a worthy candidate A recent research says, “Only 18% of current managers have the high talent (that unique […] Posted in CEO Insider
- 8 Essential Entrepreneurial Skills to Teach Your Child (Infographic) Nobody says its easy being a child. As the pressure from year to year rises on getting […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Is There Equality for Female CEOs? The position of CEO represents the pinnacle of achievement in a business career. CEOs […] Posted in CEO Insider
- The 9 Most Extraordinary And Powerful Women in China Every year, Forbes magazine gives a shout-out to extraordinary women on the planet with […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 25 Highest Paid Retail Executives In The United States In 2014 Unsurprisingly, Carol Meyrowitz, CEO of TJX Companies Inc., was the highest-paid […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Looking for professionals worth following on LinkedIn: Top Recommendations? Over 277 million people actively use LinkedIn, a network of professionals supporting and […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The top 15 highest-paid female chief executives in America in 2014: Women CEOs Unsurprisingly, Marillyn Hewson, the head of defense giant, Lockheed-Martin, was the […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- The 14 top-earning authors in the world, 2016 James Patterson topped the list of the world’s biggest-earning authors, estimated to […] Posted in Education Insider
- Leverage your professional expertise for public benefit For many successful CEOs, professional goals and financial security have been all but […] Posted in Leadership Insider
- Why startups should consider M&A as an exit strategy The IPO market has been struggling in 2016, due in part to ongoing volatility in the […] Posted in Leadership Insider