World’s Top 10 Most Visited Countries By International Tourists In 2015
It’s no surprise, France has been ranked No. 1 among the most visited countries by foreign tourists in the world in 2015. More than 86.3 million foreign tourists visited France last year.
Attracting an impressive 77.9 million international tourists in the space of a year, the United States ranked No. 2, followed by Spain (68.1 million), China (56.9 million), and Italy, pulled in a mere 50.8 million, just ahead of Turkey at 39.3 million.
A total of 1.184 billion tourists travelled worldwide, a rise of 4.4 per cent from a year earlier. Germany takes 7th place in the rankings, Russia took the 10th place among the most visited countries in the world in 2015.
Let’s take a look at the world’s top 10 most visited countries by international tourists in 2015:
Tourist arrivals: 86.3 million (estimate), up 3 per cent.
2. United States
Tourist arrivals: 77.9 million (estimate), up 3.9 per cent.
Tourist arrivals: 68.1 million (estimate), up 4.8 per cent.
Tourist arrivals: 56.9 million (confirmed), up 2.3 per cent.
Tourist arrivals: 50.8 million (estimate), up 4.6 per cent.
Tourist arrivals: 39.3 million (estimate), down 0.9 per cent.
Tourist arrivals: 35 million (estimate), up 6.1 per cent.
8. United Kingdom
Tourist arrivals: 33.9 million (estimate), up 4 per cent.
Tourist arrivals: 32.1 million (estimate), up 9.6 per cent.
Tourist arrivals: 31.6 million (estimate), up 6.2 per cent.
You may also be interested in:
- Rupert Murdoch and Steve Jobs, iPad newspaper The Daily- a new digital-only newspaper Rupert Murdoch is developing a digital newspaper exclusively for the iPad and other electronic tablet devices, according to the Women's Wear Daily, this iPad-o-newsthingy, which has been […] Posted in Rankings
- List aggregator startup Ranker.com raises $750,000 An operating system for Lists or list aggregator startup Ranker has raised $750,000 in a seed round led by Siemer Venture Capital. The company, began in 2008, was founded by Clark Benson, […] Posted in Leadership
- List of leading celebrity contributor’s to charity in the World 1. Annie Lennox - Born on Christmas Day, 1954, Scottish singer, Annie Lennox is one of the world's leading celebrity contributor's to charity and also a political and social activist. She […] Posted in Leadership
- Maternal mortality, 2015: Why are so many women dying from childbirth? According to a major study by the World Health Organisation shows, for every 100,000 live births in Burundi in 2015, 7012 women died due to pregnancy and childbirth complications. Sierra […] Posted in Rankings
- Katherine Heigl joined Pets To Patriots program- Los Angeles Animal Alliance Fall 5000 event Katherine Heigl attended the press conference to launch the Pets To Patriots program - part of Los Angeles Animal Alliance Fall 5000 event on Friday, the Jason Debus Heigl Foundation […] Posted in Leadership
- Top 10 most attractive cities for luxury retailers to set up shops, 2016 While luxury retailers are increasingly embracing ecommerce, London has been voted World’s most attractive city for global luxury retailers to set up shops, according to 2016 report by […] Posted in Rankings
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.