The Top 10 Richest Couples In The World, 2015
With a combined net worth of $85.7 billion, Microsoft Corp. co-founder Bill Gates and his wife Melinda Gates are the world’s richest couple, according to a study by private wealth consultancy Wealth-X, a firm that does research and valuations on ultra-high net worth individuals.
That’s more than the entire economy of Croatia or Bulgaria or Luxembourg.
Spanish retail tycoon behind the fashion chain Zara, Amancio Ortega Gaona and his wife, Flora Perez Flora Perez, occupied the number two spot in a list of world’s wealthiest couples, with a combined net worth of $70.7 billion.
Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway and his wife Astrid Menks were ranked at the third position with a combined networth of $65 billion, followed by David and Julia Koch (4th, $47.5 billion), Charles and Elizabeth Koch (5th, $47.4 billion).
Here are the 10 richest couples in the world:
1. Bill Gates and Melinda Gates
Combined net worth: $85.7 billion
Source of wealth: founded the software giant Microsoft
2. Amancio Ortega Gaona and Flora Perez
Combined net worth: $70.7 billion
Source of wealth: Self-made; chairman of the Inditex fashion group, best known for the Zara clothing chain.
3. Warren Buffett and Astrid Menks
Combined net worth: $65 billion
Source of wealth: Self-made; Chairman and CEO of conglomerate Berkshire Hathaway
4. David and Julia Koch
Combined net worth: $47.5 billion
Source of wealth: Inheritance; Koch Industries, founded by his father Fred Koch, with his brother Charles.
5. Charles and Elizabeth Koch
Combined net worth: $47.4 billion
Source of wealth: Inheritance; Koch Industries, with his brother David.
6. Wang Jianlin and Lin Ning
Combined net worth: $40.7 billion
Source of wealth: Self-made; chairman of Dalian Wanda Group, a real-estate company and operator of movie theaters.
7. Jeff and Mackenzie Bezos
Combined net worth: $39.8 billion
Source of wealth: Self-made; Amazon.
8. Bernard Arnault and Hélène Mercier
Combined net worth: $38.7 billion
Source of wealth: Inheritance/Self-made; Arnault is the chairman and CEO of LVMH and he started out working for his father, Jean Leon Arnault, owner of a civil engineering firm Ferret-Savinel.
9. Mark Zuckerberg and Priscilla Chan
Combined net worth: $38.5 billion
Source of wealth: Self-made; Zuckerberg is the founder of social-networking site Faceboo
10. James and Lynne Walton
Combined net worth: $36.2 billion
Source of wealth: Inheritance; Walton is the youngest son of Sam Walton, the founder of big-box retailer Wal-Mart
You may also be interested in:
- How Much Money It Takes To Act Like CEO Or Senior Executive? Are you a manager, or if you have the qualities or abilities to become a CEO, at least act like senior-level executive professional. If your answer is YES to the questions, here's how […] Posted in Leadership
- Retail Employee Engagement: Two Innovative Solutions to Disrupt a Challenging Industry If you’ve ever been a part of the retail employee engagement conversation, you know that a huge pain point for retailers is poor employee retention. A recent infographic on “How to Engage […] Posted in Education
- What Do Bill Gates, Richard Branson, and Oprah Winfrey Have in Common: The One Trait? Is it a fluke that some people more are successful than others? It isn’t easy to separate the super successful from the rest across different industries — but a clever analysis can help. […] Posted in Leadership
- 7 Offbeat Places to Spot Wildlife in the World You might have been on safari, under water diving and sneaked in a photo petting a whale at Sea World. But those of you who really want to quench their adventure and thrill thirst, these 7 […] Posted in Rankings
- Mission Accomplished- Europe, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Silvio Berlusconi, Merkel and Sarkozy Mission Accomplished- Europe, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, Silvio Berlusconi, Merkel and Sarkozy Posted in Leadership
- Tsingtao Brewery plans to purchase a 45 percent stake in Hangzhou Xihu Beer Asahi Co Tsingtao Brewery, China's second-largest brewer by volume, plans to purchase a 45 percent stake in Hangzhou Xihu Beer Asahi Co for up to $294.4 million. Hangzhou Xihu Asahi was established […] Posted in Leadership
As founder and editorial director of the CEOWORLD magazine, Amarendra Bhushan is an extensively kudized author, journalist, and internationally syndicated columnist. In 2008, he launched The CEOWORLD magazine, a site that quickly became one of the most widely-read, linked to, and frequently-cited media brands on the Internet.