Chinese Tencent Is Now Worth Almost TWICE As Much As Baidu: Close To Facebook
The Chinese Internet giant Tencent, which operates the popular WeChat smartphone messaging app and various other online services in China is now worth almost as much as Facebook Inc.
It’s market capitalization just topped US$100 billion, coming close to Facebook’s market cap of about US$103.5 billion — Tencent rival Baidu’s market capitalization is about US$50 billion.
Tencent, China’s largest internet company in terms of market capitalization, is now worth almost TWICE as much as Baidu. Wow!
The company run by billionaire Pony Ma joins six other members of Hong Kong’s benchmark Hang Seng Index in the $100 billion club, including PetroChina Co. and China Mobile Ltd.
Tencent – Sohu.com Deal
Also, Mobile gaming and online chat giant Tencent Holdings Ltd. invested $448 million for a 36.5% stake in Sohu.com’s majority-owned Sogou platform.
Tencent and Sogou will jointly develop and integrate their services in areas including search and data sharing. Tencent will merge its own search unit Soso with Sogou.
China’s search engine market share:
China-based Internet service provider Baidu’s dominant share of the country’s search engine market has continued to decline, while chief rival Qihoo continued to inch upwards.
In August, Baidu’s share dipped to 63.16 percent from 64.25 percent in the previous month. Baidu topped China search engine market share with 63.16%, followed by Qihoo’s 360 with 18.23%. Sogou ranked third with 10.35% market share.
Google dropped 0.04 percent to 2.88 percent, while Bing slipped from 0.59 percent to 0.57 percent in China.
You may also be interested in:
- Top 34 highest paid actors in the world of 2015 The Avengers star, Robert Downey Jr has topped Forbes magazine’s annual list of the top-earning actors of 2015, there are definitely a few surprise.Robert Downey Jr, who plays Iron Man […] Posted in Leadership
- 10 Best Museum In The World Based On Millions Of Reviews And Opinions And it turned out, the Art Institute of Chicago has been named the top museum in the world and in the United States by TripAdvisor, a travel review site: Best. Damn. Museum. Period.Or, […] Posted in Rankings
- Top 26 Outsourcing Destinations For Information Technology (IT) companies: List of Countries India remains the top offshoring destination for information technology (IT) companies, followed by China and Malaysia, according to a study by consulting firm A.T. Kearney.Mexico came […] Posted in Leadership
- Leather shoes for CEOs and executive Closet- Best Leather Shoe for Men YSL Smoky Lace-up in Black Patent Leather- A modern YSL interpretation on the classic evening shoe, this version with elongated and rounded toe cap makes it the perfect companion for […] Posted in Leadership
- 5 Female Celebrities, Who Use Their Fame To Advocate For Women’s Causes There are actually many incredible female celebrities who shine their attention on doing good.So without further ado, introducing: 5 brilliant celebs who dedicate their efforts, […] Posted in Rankings
- Is Jimmie Johnson the greatest drivers in NASCAR history? Jimmie Johnson is now firmly the greatest drivers in NASCAR history. Jimmie Johnson claimed his record fifth straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Championship after a second- place finish at […] Posted in Leadership
He is responsible for overseeing newsroom assignments and publishing, and providing support to the editor in chief.