Vancouver-based ambient video startup, Perch, launches a live video communications mobile app to bridge the gap between remote offices through an always-on video conference via wall-mounted iPads or iPhones.
Offices simply install the Perch app on a dedicated iPad and hung the iPad to the wall. Then they connect it to a remote Perch-enabled office…. both devices start streaming video, while collaborating remotely.
Perch runs over WiFi on any iOS device and is currently compatible with iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices (4s and above) with a front facing camera.
“As companies scale and teams and offices become geographically distributed, it becomes increasingly harder to emulate that natural real-time exchange that happens around the water cooler,” said Robinson. “With Perch’s video portal, you can bridge the culture gap and pop -in and connect with your co-workers live – as if you were in the cubicle next door!”
“When video became more prevalent, we imagined a much easier and natural communication experience like we saw on the Jetsons, Star Trek and even Spaceballs,” said Danny Robinson founder and CEO, Perch. “And that’s what Perch delivers; clear and frictionless real-time communications with the people you talk to every day.”
– Easy, polite and spontaneous communications between two places or two people
– Free scalable platform, for one-to-one or one-to-many communications
– Microphone is activated using facial detection
– Auto-connect feature eliminates pitfalls of traditional synchronous video applications, which can drop in and out of call connections causing user frustration
Perch is free and is available for download by visiting the.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 20 Small Universities In The World For 2018; Caltech Tops - August 13, 2018
- Top 20 Colleges In America With The Best Job And Career Placement Services, 2019 - August 10, 2018
- These US Cities Have The Most And The Least Student Loan Debt, 2018 - August 9, 2018
Leave a Reply
This column does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the editorial board or CEOWORLD magazine, and its owners. To contact the author of this story: email@example.com