Vancouver-based ambient video startup, Perch, launches a live video communications mobile app to bridge the gap between remote offices through an always-on video conference via wall-mounted iPads or iPhones.
Offices simply install the Perch app on a dedicated iPad and hung the iPad to the wall. Then they connect it to a remote Perch-enabled office…. both devices start streaming video, while collaborating remotely.
Perch runs over WiFi on any iOS device and is currently compatible with iPod, iPhone, and iPad devices (4s and above) with a front facing camera.
“As companies scale and teams and offices become geographically distributed, it becomes increasingly harder to emulate that natural real-time exchange that happens around the water cooler,” said Robinson. “With Perch’s video portal, you can bridge the culture gap and pop -in and connect with your co-workers live – as if you were in the cubicle next door!”
“When video became more prevalent, we imagined a much easier and natural communication experience like we saw on the Jetsons, Star Trek and even Spaceballs,” said Danny Robinson founder and CEO, Perch. “And that’s what Perch delivers; clear and frictionless real-time communications with the people you talk to every day.”
– Easy, polite and spontaneous communications between two places or two people
– Free scalable platform, for one-to-one or one-to-many communications
– Microphone is activated using facial detection
– Auto-connect feature eliminates pitfalls of traditional synchronous video applications, which can drop in and out of call connections causing user frustration
Perch is free and is available for download by visiting the.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- These Are The 20 Highest-Paid Political Leaders In The World In 2018 - 04/24/2018
- Top 20 best summer vacation destinations in the United States, 2018 - 04/23/2018
- These Are The 20 Most Overrated Books of All Time, And Yes, List Include Bible, Ernest Hemingway, Paulo Coelho, And Mark Twain - 04/23/2018